History Extension helpppp (1 Viewer)

lileeee03

HSC
hey people,

can someone pls help me with the history extension project? like i know this subject is about the histography of things but like at the same time i dont know what im doing. Cause i also take society and culture as well so i keep getting the HEX project confused with the S&C PIP.

I'm thinking of doing the cold war for the hex project but then someone asked me like what about the cold war am i doing and like idk...

i hope no ones braincells died from reading that

5uckerberg

HSC
hey people,

can someone pls help me with the history extension project? like i know this subject is about the histography of things but like at the same time i dont know what im doing. Cause i also take society and culture as well so i keep getting the HEX project confused with the S&C PIP.

I'm thinking of doing the cold war for the hex project but then someone asked me like what about the cold war am i doing and like idk...

Cold war there are so many things one can talk about, boycott of the Olympic games, space race, arms race red scare and stuff. Perhaps you can talk about the rise of prominance of SOviet Russia and how it conflictss with the US of A or something. Just giving you some ideas from the top of my head about the Cold War.

lileeee03

HSC
Cold war there are so many things one can talk about, boycott of the Olympic games, space race, arms race red scare and stuff. Perhaps you can talk about the rise of prominance of SOviet Russia and how it conflictss with the US of A or something. Just giving you some ideas from the top of my head about the Cold War.
Thank you for your ideas, it is much appreciated :)

nzexperiment

HSC
dont do any of this. This is all history and not historiography

nzexperiment

HSC
hey people,

Cold war you can talk about the historiography surrounding how kennedy handled it or how the ussr did and how this changed over time, an idea is you can discuss about:
- History written during the cold war
- The history written after the cold war and how the collapse of the USSR changed it. This is due to greater access to information, and how the people writing it weren't also experiencing it. For example how we perceive covid now will be different to the people in 10 years judging us for being so dumb etc.
- And you could also talk about the modern historiography, now that it's been so many years with the declassification of all the ussr documents as well as America releasing all their documents. For example, people thought kennedy was amazing at handling troubles in Cuba back in the 60s, but now there is mixed opinion (at least within the academic history) of how he handled it due to declassified documents notably about his indifference to events like the bay of pigs or his lack of hesitance to start a nuclear war with USSR during the Cuban missile crisis. (again these are debated issues). Your job is to account for why there is differing opinions within the historical academia

Essentially your job in HEX is to discuss how and why history was written in a certain way when it was written, and how/why interpretation has changed over time.

Also what is your case study for HEX? (your second topic after constructing history)

lileeee03

HSC
Cold war you can talk about the historiography surrounding how kennedy handled it or how the ussr did and how this changed over time, an idea is you can discuss about:
- History written during the cold war
- The history written after the cold war and how the collapse of the USSR changed it. This is due to greater access to information, and how the people writing it weren't also experiencing it. For example how we perceive covid now will be different to the people in 10 years judging us for being so dumb etc.
- And you could also talk about the modern historiography, now that it's been so many years with the declassification of all the ussr documents as well as America releasing all their documents. For example, people thought kennedy was amazing at handling troubles in Cuba back in the 60s, but now there is mixed opinion (at least within the academic history) of how he handled it due to declassified documents notably about his indifference to events like the bay of pigs or his lack of hesitance to start a nuclear war with USSR during the Cuban missile crisis. (again these are debated issues)

Essentially your job in HEX is to discuss how and why history was written in a certain way when it was written and how/why that has changed

Also what is your case study for HEX? (your second topic after constructing history)
Thank you so much for this!! My case study for HEX is witch hunts & trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)