HELPPP-writing outside the lines (1 Viewer)

l3nrd

HSC
So I was starting to get really worried that for some of my exams such as English and extension2 and 1 maths I wrote some stuff below/outside the borders of the page. Will they not mark that because of the scanning? I'm genuinely gonna die if that happens because I cant lose so many marks after studying all year just for writing outside the lines.

studiesofboard

HSC
Yeah. I am pretty sure anything that goes over the line gets erased due to scanning. Although, don't worry they should be able to understand what you're writing about. :)

quickoats

HSC
Tbh I don’t think that the scanners ignore everything outside the dark black corners - I think they’re there to help the scanners figure out the page if you get what I mean? However do not write in the greyed out area as that gets physically cut out.

Xanthi

HSC
I believe only things that get erased are things in the scissors zone. Otherwise if they erase other things it is rather misleading to have scissors on some pages

大きい男

HSC
Based on the samples provided from the 2019 HSC, it looks like the scanners pick up writing that is well past the end of the lines. I'm quite sure only the grey part near the spine of the booklet gets removed.
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 4.50.17 pm.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)