Help with Shelter essay - compliance with the legal system (1 Viewer)

nuvardex

HSC
Hi friends.

My teacher is being really slack and isn't getting back to me with feedback. If anyone would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated if I could have some general feedback.

Thanks!

Attachments

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
I wrote a practice shelter essay on compliance which is posted in the notes and resources section. My teacher gave it 24/25.
This might help u out.
I skimmed your essay and just a general note, I think two ideas are not sufficient if you aim to get a band 6.
While underquoting and dummy bidding are really good arguments maybe add one more or even two more.

nuvardex

HSC
I wrote a practice shelter essay on compliance which is posted in the notes and resources section. My teacher gave it 24/25.
This might help u out.
I skimmed your essay and just a general note, I think two ideas are not sufficient if you aim to get a band 6.
While underquoting and dummy bidding are really good arguments maybe add one more or even two more.
Yeah, good point. The original question was evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in ensuring compliance with laws surrounding the purchase and leasing of shelter, but since we have this test on Thursday and we've only just finished purchasing, our teacher removed the leasing part. Any ideas for extra topics (other than underquoting and dummy bidding) which ensures compliance?

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Yeah, good point. The original question was evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in ensuring compliance with laws surrounding the purchase and leasing of shelter, but since we have this test on Thursday and we've only just finished purchasing, our teacher removed the leasing part. Any ideas for extra topics (other than underquoting and dummy bidding) which ensures compliance?
Oh I see. That's annoying tbh since its hard to produce a solid essay on purchasing alone. But here are some aspects I can think of:
  • Anti-Discrimination Board: It administers the anti-discrimination laws, and handles complaints under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. The Board will investigate complaints and hold a conciliation conference. --> Link this to compliance as the conciliation process is an effective means for ensuring compliance. (Both parties have a say in the final agreement, increasing the likelihood of compliance and it is accessible and resource-efficient, informal and don’t need a lawyer present.
  • However ineffective aspects: Discrimination is hard to prove, conciliation is not legally binding.
  • Home Building Service: An arm of Fair Trading. Main function is to ensure compliance with the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW). Under the Act, builders and tradespeople (e.g. plumbers or electricians) must have a licence to undertake residential building work. Dispute resolution service – if a consumer and trader are unable to resolve their dispute, the Home Building Service will attempt to mediate an outcome suitable to all parties concerned.
    • There are penalties if they don't comply with The Home Building Act 1989 (enforceability)
    • Highly successful → 70% of building disputes are resolved at the mediation process has led to a 30% reduction in the number of disputes heard by NCAT
  • Systems of registration: The development of the Torrens title system (Real Property Act 1900) provided greater certainty in establishing the ownership of properties when being sold. This has strengthened compliance in this area as opposed to the Old System method still in use for some properties. Properties registered under this system are assured that the title is recognised by the state and hence people can buy and sell under this system with confidence.
  • A standard contract of sale has been developed which has improved the rights of buyers in the conveyancing process because of the mandatory disclosures that must be made by the vendor. The Conveyancing Act 1919 (NSW) specifies what the contract must contain.

nuvardex

HSC
You seem quite well-equipped when it comes to writing essays. May I ask, how many essays did you practice per week? I wanna start now so the HSC exam period is less stressful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)