Help!!!! Questions about Biology Assessment Task (Open-ended investigation)? (1 Viewer)

adelaidecruz

HSC
Hi all, we were given an experiment to do over the holidays in reference to this dot point:

"Identify some responses of plants to temperature changes"

We're supposed to take a named plant and find out its adaptations / responses to temperature changes..
Now, does it necessarily have to be ambient temperature? Or do you reckon I can use water temperature which would be a looot easier to do?
Which plant do you reckon is the best for this experiment?
And... would repetitions be important or is it just a waste of time given I suppose it will take ~10-20 days to see definite response from the plant?

Sorry I know I should be asking my teacher this lol but I've no way of contacting her (shouldve done it before holidays i know) and I wanted to get a second opinion too. Thanks heaps!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Repetition would be a good idea. Maybe you can share data with friends or peers?

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I reckon the best experiment would be to measure the transpiration rate in different conditions.

Ethicks

HSC
Probably too late but for future reference the eucalyptus tree is an easy one to study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)