Help!! I Need To Change The Timetable! (1 Viewer)

specialjenny

HSC
Ok guys, this may sound stupid, but I have just enrolled for the courses for Semester 1 and then I realise there are class clashes and things and as I view the timetable I couldn't find a place to change or arrange my classes...

Is it too late to cancel a course after I have enrolled??

Help! I am in a panic moment! :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
specialjenny said:
Ok guys, this may sound stupid, but I have just enrolled for the courses for Semester 1 and then I realise there are class clashes and things and as I view the timetable I couldn't find a place to change or arrange my classes...

Enrollment can be changed right up until March 11th.
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html

If there are clashing classes they (most of the time) can be resolved. It would help if we knew what clashing classes you are talking about.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
specialjenny said:

on myunsw when you have logged in, go to my student profile, one of the tabs at the top....then on the left and then on update m enrolment on the left hand side
then you can update your onrolment for both semesters

specialjenny

HSC
Is it too much to do 24 units in one semester? Because I enrolled in all 5 available courses...and no idea if that's too much.

And this is what my timetable at the moment looks like:

(EDITED PIC OUT)
So how do I change the timetable? Oh and I just realise orange meant permitted clashes..

And somewhere I clicked "automatic timetable" now I can't even get back to manual? Anyone know how I can?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

specialjenny

HSC
Courtenay said:
on myunsw when you have logged in, go to my student profile, one of the tabs at the top....then on the left and then on update m enrolment on the left hand side
I see that....(and I know I may seem very stupid) but I still don't see where I can change the timetable...I see where I can drop or swap classes and that's it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
The screenshot you posted doesn't say what two classes are clashing. ie, you probably have something else other than the IDES1012 lecture on Monday 9am-4pm.

24 units (uoc) is standard load for one session.

To adjust your timetable manually. To change your existing timetable, swap (eg) 1011 with 1011 to change the times.

specialjenny

HSC
Swapping doesn't seem to work...:( just because two things are on at once...

(EDITED PIC OUT)

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Swapping should work if you swap out the MATH1011 TU2 for another time (that doesn't clash with anything else). If you really cannot work out how to swap or it is not letting you, just drop MATH1011, then add it again with different class times.

specialjenny

HSC
I can't swap just T2U, whenever I choose swap it's the whole subject..

But thanks anyway, if I couldn't work it out, I'll ring the uni tomorrow and see what I can do.

I really appreciated the helps...:) Thankyou for your kindness.

sunny

meh.
HSC
specialjenny said:
I can't swap just T2U, whenever I choose swap it's the whole subject.
So you swap the entire subject from MATH1011 to MATH1011. You just pick the same times for LEC and TU1 as before, and pick a new time for TU2.

specialjenny

HSC
I can't even do that.....I can't keep LEC and TU1 and change TU2, it doesn't allow me to change anything by itself, it has to be changed completely....

And why do I change the same subject to the same subject?

Sorry but all these offers and enrollment is getting on my nerves so badly...*laughs*

specialjenny

HSC
I don't have this screen anymore...(this is for semester 2)

(EDITED PIC OUT)

where I can add classes and stuff...because I have chose Auto timetable for semester 1..................:( I knew I shouldn't count on auto stuff...

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
specialjenny said:
Repost to say...I can't swap from maths back to maths...
Any error message would be helpful.

specialjenny said:
where I can add classes and stuff...because I have chose Auto timetable for semester 1.................. I knew I shouldn't count on auto stuff...
Its nothing to do with auto timetabling.

What you have in that screen is that the classes are only "pending" - ie, you haven't enrolled in them yet. Click on the "Enrol in ALL courses" to enroll in them.

Statistics SM probably won't enrol because you haven't "Add Classes"ed TUT class for it.

specialjenny

HSC
Repost to say....I was soooooooo stupid...sometimes the easiest thing seems the hardest when I am not thinking in the right direction...
thanks again!!

specialjenny

HSC
Oh another Q!!

When I choose classes and it says this:

Tutorial 1 of 2
6044 TU1 NON1 TBA
Open KENS
6334 TU1 ED0 Fri 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Weekly)
Open KENS
6333 TU1 EA0 Fri 9:00 am - 10:00 am (Weekly)
Open KENS
6331 TU1 DA0 Thu 9:00 am - 10:00 am (Weekly)
Open KENS
6332 TU1 DE0 Thu 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm (Weekly)
Open KENS

I only need to select one only right? And what does TBA mean?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes you choose one of each type (LEC, TU1, TU2, LAB or any other types there are).

TBA = To Be Announced. Don't enrol in TBA classes, they might not even run.

specialjenny

HSC
Oh more Q!!

For subjects that are like say 9:00am to 4:00pm do they give you a break in between?

Oh and I have subjects that are like one straight after another one, that means I will get to my next subject late....do the lecturers/tutors mind a lot?

Thanks!!:D *laughs.* sorry I just want to make sure everything will work out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)