Help for improving performance (1 Viewer)

matts24

HSC
Hi guys, just wanted some quick help with the first focus question in improving performance

We didn't do it in class (teacher assigned it after trials to do at home, long story short - no one did it) and i'm just trying to grasp how you would answer a question if it asked a question on the training types of a specific sport i.e. last years question:
"How do different types of training improve performance in various sports?"

Would you choose a sport > type of training (i.e. strength) > then explain the specific types of training that fall under the dot point?

Can someone please give me an example of a sport and their respective training types, because I am clueless...

Chris_S

HSC
For instance, you could say aerobic training like continuous/uniform, long interval and fartlek help improve aerobic performance e.g. marathon runners through increasing efficiency of the cardiovascular endurance system. Thus, adaptations occur like increased haemoglobin levels thus increase oxygen carrying capacity of blood to working muscles at times of high demand and therefore muscles allowed to work for long periods of time. Don't really have to go that deep into it but how do those training improve performance i.e. adaptations like increased muscle size in strength training. Hope this helps!

matts24

HSC
Would you talk about all of the training types?

So say I wanted to talk about a 100m sprinter, would i structure a response like this?

Intro --> sprinter requires power and strength, therefore, anaerobic exercises + strength training is required
Paragraph explaining aerobic training, the benefit of implementation
Paragraph explaining strength training, the benefit of implementation

ryan_gorton

HSC
I didnt see this till now, but rarely will you be asked on the first critical question in any option seeming they are always 8 and 12 markers now, not 3, 5, 12 like they used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)