help for business essay!!!! (1 Viewer)

hibaxx

HSC
hey guys I have a task v soon and I was wondering if anyone knew how to answer this or anything similar: analyse the impact of human resource management processes on business performance

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Some things to talk about:

- Increased productivity and product quality (through training and development)
- Gaining a competitive advantage (by having a skilled workforce)
- You can also talk about WHS policies and the effect these have had on business performance

hibaxx

HSC

- You can also talk about WHS policies and the effect these have had on business performance
oohhhh thank you!! can I make those my body paragraphs/topic sentences? sand also my stimulus requires me to mention qantas as a case study and two others, do you have any suggestions

hibaxx

HSC

alsooo I was wondering what I would say about whs?? THANKSSS

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What's the word limit?

I'd probably incorporate 2-3 bullet points from the strategies and effectiveness sections of the HR section of the syllabus.

For example, you could set it out something like this

Paragraph 1 - Executive summary
Paragraph 2- Strategic role of human resources

Paragraph 3- Strategies in Human resources
- Training and development – current or future skills

Paragraph 4- effectiveness of human resource management
- Indicators
* benchmarking key variables
(links with the finance module, assess business performance using comparative ratio analysis)

Conclusion

hibaxx

HSC
its 1000 words. does executive summary refer to introduction? Also does it make sense to talk about the strategies if its asking about how him impacts business performance? THANK YOU I cant do business ughhhhh

idkkdi

HSC
What's the word limit?

I'd probably incorporate 2-3 bullet points from the strategies and effectiveness sections of the HR section of the syllabus.

For example, you could set it out something like this

Paragraph 1 - Executive summary
Paragraph 2- Strategic role of human resources

Paragraph 3- Strategies in Human resources
- Training and development – current or future skills

Paragraph 4- effectiveness of human resource management
- Indicators
* benchmarking key variables
(links with the finance module, assess business performance using comparative ratio analysis)

Conclusion
I would write this question with 3 bodies on 1 strategy in each, and then evaluating towards indicators which are then extended to business performance.
Executive summaries are probably unnecessaRy for essaYs.

HSC
N/A
oohhhh thank you!! can I make those my body paragraphs/topic sentences? sand also my stimulus requires me to mention qantas as a case study and two others, do you have any suggestions
For HRM, Google would be a good case study

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would write this question with 3 bodies on 1 strategy in each, and then evaluating towards indicators which are then extended to business performance.
Actually, this is a good set-out idea for the structure.

hibaxx

HSC
okkk, what do you mean by indicators

hibaxx

HSC
As @BLIT2014 said, the 'benchmarking key variables' element would be relevant to this question.

Corporate culture would also be a good point to talk about.
oh i understand now- ill relate the effectiveness to each of the processes of hrm. which process is relevant to 'benchmarking key variables'

hibaxx

HSC
GUYSSSS so something like this
As @BLIT2014 said, the 'benchmarking key variables' element would be relevant to this question.

Corporate culture would also be a good point to talk about.
HRM PROCESS→ STRATEGY ON HRM → EFFECTIVENESS OF HRM
Acquisition (finding appropriate staff for the position) → recruitment (internal or external) → ?
Development (developing their skills to maximise productivity and efficiency)→ training and development (current to future skills) → benchmarking key variables
Maintenance (maintaining the employees motivation through intrinsic/extrinsic benefits) → monetary and non monetary benefits → corporate culture & employee satisfaction
separation (decreasing amount of turnover to maintaining business reputation nd limit cost of new advertisement) → resolving workplace disputes → changes in staff turnover/levels of disputation

HSC
N/A
GUYSSSS so something like this

HRM PROCESS→ STRATEGY ON HRM → EFFECTIVENESS OF HRM
Acquisition (finding appropriate staff for the position) → recruitment (internal or external) → ?
Development (developing their skills to maximise productivity and efficiency)→ training and development (current to future skills) → benchmarking key variables
Maintenance (maintaining the employees motivation through intrinsic/extrinsic benefits) → monetary and non monetary benefits → corporate culture & employee satisfaction
separation (decreasing amount of turnover to maintaining business reputation nd limit cost of new advertisement) → resolving workplace disputes → changes in staff turnover/levels of disputation
My concern regarding this approach is how you'll establish the link between all your points and the impact on business perfromance.

hibaxx

HSC
My concern regarding this approach is how you'll establish the link between all your points and the impact on business perfromance.
true I didn't think of that. I dont understand how to set it out like what the paragraphs should each be about then :(((((

hibaxx

HSC
OOOOHHH ALSOOO I've written the question incorrect its hrm processes on business performance

HSC
N/A
OOOOHHH ALSOOO I've written the question incorrect its hrm processes on business performance
Oh right, now the question's been narrowed down to processes:

- Acquisition (recruitment/selection and how the effectively conducting this process improves business performance).
- Development (enhancing the skills of the employees/building on the previous point --> link back to the question).
- Maintenance (how effective maintenance results in a sustainable workforce --> link back to the question).
- Separation (how does separation improve business performance --> link back to the question).

Of course you'll be using your case studies throughout as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)