Help - Accommodation Off campus (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
Hi,
ammm, I am just a Sydney girl and I wanted to study at Canberra Uni but I forgot to apply for on campus accommodation & now needs off campus accommodation. Do anybody know where I could go without having to pay alot of money?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hello,
Yes, problery too late for on campus accomodation.

In Canberra with the bush fires it is very hard to get 'cheap' accom. I would suggest contacting the UC Ressies Dept - the uni actually signs up a lease with a private house and you can live in it, therefore prehaps you should contact them ./

Ring them and see whats going on.

^___^
HSC
serious?

so if i decided to join canberra on the 19th after result, thats really really late???

even living in uni?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
You won't get a place living on campus if you apply after the 19th of Jan.. :)

There are only about 1100 spots for people living on campus and most of them are full up by 2nd , 3rd yr people.

When i went to the UC open day you were advised to apply in SEPTEMBER for accomodation.. Even then you weren't guaranteed.. I think they are building all new ones this yr, but i guess that wont be much help :)

Same situation goes at the ANU...'

Prehaps you should look @ renting...

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
If you guys can't find acomm just go 2 canberra and knock on googy_1985 doors and share with him i'm share he won't mind the extra guest for a few weeks.
Plus he will show u around and give you tips on canberra

jk.....

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Hey googy_1985 how much do you pay a week in rent with your house mates a week ??
What bout food, bills etc ??
How much does it all add up

Chris462

ah crap, thats what i was supposed to do...accomodation... hmm, might have to live in my car...

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Mr Wiggle,
I live with 2 other students (3 inc me!), and we pay $90 bucks a week rent which is good... I am only 5 min drive from uni - but you can catch bus if you want..

In terms of how much to survive off; My parents pay me the maximum or youth allowance + rent assistance (355 every 2 weeks). They weren't sure how much 2 give me, and i got rejected by centrelink so they pay me that.. I can live off it - as long as i dont buy tonnes of crap... Canberra isn't that expensive to live..

One thing that doesn't include is car insurance, rego, etc - my dad pays that seperate...

If you can't get youth allowance like me, just hope you parents will foot the bill :) I think i may get a part time job this yr...

Dingo

Banned
you can live at my house for free, if you have sex with me everynight.

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)