HECS (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've gotten my fee statement for this upcoming semester but I'm not sure what to do. Does it automatically defer to HECS after the census date or do I have to do something? Also can I pay an upfront fee for a 10% discount or has that been abolished now? Cheers. This is for UNSW if that helps.

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, it automatically defers after the census date (i.e. it will disappear from that page), if you have applied for HECS-HELP.

Not sure about your 2nd question.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I've gotten my fee statement for this upcoming semester but I'm not sure what to do. Does it automatically defer to HECS after the census date or do I have to do something? Also can I pay an upfront fee for a 10% discount or has that been abolished now? Cheers. This is for UNSW if that helps.
Yeah you can still pay upfront for a 10% discount

madharris

HSC
N/A
This is from the usyd finances page (It should be the same for all unis though).
I assume that if you can do it for partial then you can do it for paying the full. There's no harm in asking before you do so though :)

HSC
Sorry, guys, but I believe it's gone now. It was available at the start of the year but no longer. https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/CSP.html

"Subject to the passage of legislation, the HECS-HELP discount of 10% for up front student contributions will be removed."

Although it doesn't seem to say when it will be removed.

amandada

HSC
N/A
Sorry, guys, but I believe it's gone now. It was available at the start of the year but no longer. https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/CSP.html

"Subject to the passage of legislation, the HECS-HELP discount of 10% for up front student contributions will be removed."

Although it doesn't seem to say when it will be removed.
Nah the 10% is still there. The govt tried to pass a bill to remove the 10% at the start on 2014 but it didn't go through. UNSW's website is just outdated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)