Harwood (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
What did you guys generally talk about and linked to imagery?

I used At Mornington (no shit) and Father and Child and stated something about ambition and the need to change after failing when the persona "leapt" into the water. Harwood used imagery of water to symbolise life - stanza four they talk about having only a little amount of water, and then stated that "we have one day, only one but enough to refresh us" - pretty much saying that just living is enough to provide enjoyment.

Then I linked it to F&C and how the child changed after the murder of the owl, bla bla bla.

Hoping for 18/20, had 6 pages of in-depth analysis, techniques and linking to Harwood's romantic tradition and the use of imagery.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Ugh, I didn't study At Mornington at all... I'm so irritated, grr! I did discuss Father and Child and The Violets in quite some depth though.

Zenox

HSC
Didn't study At Mornington, I gave a very limited analysis ( 1 paragraph) using the water motif which symbolised innocence and naivety. I linked this to The violets and Father and Child

Bull* alot, hoping for the best.

tamarajayne94

HSC
Uni Grad
What did you guys generally talk about and linked to imagery?

I used At Mornington (no shit) and Father and Child and stated something about ambition and the need to change after failing when the persona "leapt" into the water. Harwood used imagery of water to symbolise life - stanza four they talk about having only a little amount of water, and then stated that "we have one day, only one but enough to refresh us" - pretty much saying that just living is enough to provide enjoyment.

Then I linked it to F&C and how the child changed after the murder of the owl, bla bla bla.

Hoping for 18/20, had 6 pages of in-depth analysis, techniques and linking to Harwood's romantic tradition and the use of imagery.
I did the same!! :)

suica

HSC
Ah, I only realised the recurring images were actually figures of comfort throughout her life, but I didn't realise that till about halfway through my essay. I ended up doing a very shallow analysis on At Mornington, and slightly better on The Violets and A Valediction. I don't think I did that great in this one. :/

Shrub74

HSC
I used The Sharpness of Death. We didn't pay much attention to At Mornington in class, Module III overtook it in terms of time. I related them both to Romanticist and Taoist philosophy, using the motif of water and the concept of change in Eastern philosophies to compare to the general favouring of stability in Western philosophy and Western society to represent the tension between stability and change.

Riaa

HSC
Used, "At Morington," "The Violets" and "A Valediction." Same with suica :p
I somewhat agreed with the question, but not really.
I demonstrates that stability can be found in childhood memories. I.E. How through recalled memories, the persona despite adversity (the confrontation with mortality), can be revitalized. Also argued that the 'change' represented the loss of innocence -> acceptance of death. Or in "A Valediction," comfort from memories + literature regardless of the 'farewell.' My essay highlighted the contrast in images evoked rather than recurring ones...

Module B screwed a lot of people over. It was more like a game of chance and memory than a showcase of skill.
Wait, no that's the whole HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)