Hamlet Question (1 Viewer)

_Josh_

HSC
Looking back on the paper, I think I answered the question and wrote really well about it, but I think I failed to make explicit use of the extract, maybe only referring to it once. Max mark you can get by not referring to the extract?

QZP

HSC
How much did you refer to it?

_Josh_

HSC
How much did you refer to it?

Ummm, I think I quoted one line of it and then explained how that line derives from his context which shows the complex nature of revenge and I mentioned the "a villain hath killed my father quote" and said his attitude of this leads to revenge blah blah blah.

harrypotterfan

HSC
hmm well it did say "make detailed reference" so I would assume at the very least 5 or so bits of quotes +techniques should have been from the extract? I guess if you analysed some bits very thoroughly though (like even if you didn't put that many techniques etc) you might be okay. The main focus ofc was the theme of revenge

_Josh_

HSC
hmm well it did say "make detailed reference" so I would assume at the very least 5 or so bits of quotes +techniques should have been from the extract? I guess if you analysed some bits very thoroughly though (like even if you didn't put that many techniques etc) you might be okay. The main focus ofc was the theme of revenge
Yeh I guess your right, that little bit at the bottom flew right past me haha.

Any guesses on max mark you can get without extract usage or heavy extract usage?

harrypotterfan

HSC
Yeh I guess your right, that little bit at the bottom flew right past me haha.

Any guesses on max mark you can get without extract usage or heavy extract usage?
hmm well you do have to answer 'all aspects of the question' per se, but I suppose it depends on the marker. If the marker thoroughly reads your essay (unlikely) and realises that you have not explicity referenced to the extract, then that will detract from your mark and the maximum you'll be able to achieve is a 'C' range ("didn't answer the question"). however, I don't think markers are bored enough to take everything we write into utmost consideration, so most likely they'll probably just look around for 1-2 references to the extract to confirm you've done it. The main focus though is whether you followed the theme of revenge-- the most important aspect of the question. Obviously its very easy for them to tell you haven't done that haha. So I guess if the marker is overlooking it, your mark will be solely on the merit of your essay :)

_Josh_

HSC
hmm well you do have to answer 'all aspects of the question' per se, but I suppose it depends on the marker. If the marker thoroughly reads your essay (unlikely) and realises that you have not explicity referenced to the extract, then that will detract from your mark and the maximum you'll be able to achieve is a 'C' range ("didn't answer the question"). however, I don't think markers are bored enough to take everything we write into utmost consideration, so most likely they'll probably just look around for 1-2 references to the extract to confirm you've done it. The main focus though is whether you followed the theme of revenge-- the most important aspect of the question. Obviously its very easy for them to tell you haven't done that haha. So I guess if the marker is overlooking it, your mark will be solely on the merit of your essay :)
Oh well I did answer the question haha. Like if one thing, I made explicit reference to the question, just didn't make detailed reference to the extract.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking back on the paper, I think I answered the question and wrote really well about it, but I think I failed to make explicit use of the extract, maybe only referring to it once. Max mark you can get by not referring to the extract?
out of 15
whoops
about 14 out of 20

noctua

HSC
I made three references to the passage, by quoting, do you guys think that is enough?

harrypotterfan

HSC
Why do we need to give techniques, for the extract?
because the question said "with detailed reference".

Like sure you could reference to the extract without putting in techniques, but your argument would be worthless without evidence i.e. techniques

pakman_au

HSC
Uni Grad
can we stop fkn tlkn bout engl1sh maTE ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ :spzz:

Simile

HSC
N/A
I just thought, we had to focus on the scene, that and use quotes to complement our argument. Never thought of using techniques. Hopefully not a big impact.

HSC
I don't think that it'll be too big of a deal - the extract didn't have too many techniques to use.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Yeah, all I could find was first person, irony and religious connotation , and rhetoric statements. I used a quote which I have used in conjunction with the one of my own quotes, which was from the same scene, but a different verse. Dat feel tho.

Machiavelli1

HSC
I just thought, we had to focus on the scene, that and use quotes to complement our argument. Never thought of using techniques. Hopefully not a big impact.
Techniques and quotes go hand in hand, without a technique most of the time quotes won't have much substance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)