Gwen Harwood (1 Viewer)

samwell

HSC
Muchi said:
Yep. I'm actually only used to writing 'the audience' and readers... first person is definitely not my thing. But I just figured it suited the question to do so.

Markers Comments have been saying it for a while too... that students need to make their responses more personal instead of copying readings or something right?
Yeh. Notes from the marking centre have been emphasising on the need for a personal response. They also specified that critical readings would be useless to meeting students objectives without a personal response. So to get band 6 personal response is essential.

oth16

HSC
i did 'At Mornington' & 'Prize Giving'
this question was SUCH a blessing
straight & to the point ! none of this 'human spirit' crap =)

shakky15

HSC
xtremedude said:
Harwood? More like WHOREwood. Am i right guys?:lol:

i did violets n glass jar btw
nar i tend to disagree.. tbh i dont mind her poetry too much. but after BOS got its hands on it, it was destined to be hated by evryone - i hated what i had to do with it (pluck out a few lines and techniques and memorise them), but the poetry itself is actually ok

btw i did prize giving (power struggle, specifically between the sexes hence a feminist reading.. inversion of power from eisenbart to the girl), and glass jar (loss of childhood innocence hence the oedipus complex and psychoanalytical freudian reading).

but, after reading notes from the marking centre, i toned down my focus on the readings and stressed that it was after consulting the readings that i enjoyed a heightened enjoyment (of course thats bs but yer) and i used a hell of a lot of first person to emphasise the personal engagement with the text.

samwell

HSC
Why do people dislike Gwen Harwood. I think she is pretty gud in the way she writes her poetry.
I liked Les Murray's poetry too. Dont noe y i like poetry. LOL

Muchi

HSC
samwell said:
Yeh. Notes from the marking centre have been emphasising on the need for a personal response. They also specified that critical readings would be useless to meeting students objectives without a personal response. So to get band 6 personal response is essential.
And here to sound like a pompous idiot...

Band 6 here the heck I COME! LOL. Nah I probably stuffed journeys. Let's not go there.

And yeah. I don't really mind Gwen Harwood. I bet I'm saying that now because the question was a gift. I bet if it was some hard question like the use of conflict in her poetry or something... I'd be like "DAMN YOU GWENNIE! BURN IN HELL!"

Haha. Oh well... no more Gwen Harwood for me for the rest of this blissful life.

Muchi

HSC
oth16 said:
i did 'At Mornington' & 'Prize Giving'
this question was SUCH a blessing
straight & to the point ! none of this 'human spirit' crap =)
]

HECK YES!

LOL... I say, "Death to the STUPID HUMAN SPIRIT!"

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
I did 'The Violets' and 'The Glass Jar'.

Fer real, that question was the bomb.

MadamGuilia

HSC
Not a bad module I must say.

I used 'The Violets' (such a beautiful poem) and 'The Glass Jar' (also powerful), I don't think my essay was as good as my Trial Gwen Harwood essay, but oh well.

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
I used Glass Jar and Father and Child
I did my own context and perspective.. I dont really care about the christian/freudian et al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)