Griffith University - calling all students (1 Viewer)

jb2007

HSC
Re: GRIFFITH 08---whos goin?

I got into Law and Psych, first preference, was happy.

I'm moving up from near Syd, but I'm lucky I got an accommodation Scholarship from Griffith worth $17 000 over 4 years
Shall help pay the rent. Maybe we can team up and find a place because I have no idea what I'm doing about living arrangements......:S

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC

~shinigami~ said:
Beanie is one well informed and intelligent woman. :)

Looks like Griffith is the place to be, aye guys?
qtf, :uhhuh::D:D

~shinigami~ She didn't make it!! ='(
She was soooooooo upsetl:(, but she'll be there soon;)

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

dr baby beanie said:
but she'll be there soon;)
What do you mean? Is she gonna get a second round offer?

I hope so coz we are in desperate need of hot azn halfies. :p

N1C0L3

HSC

I got accepted into University Village, Parkwood, just 500m from griffith. Its cheaper there- $170 per week and better value than griffith university village which i thought was expensive esp with the utility rates and other fees bunged on top of the residential fee.

Justin51289

HSC

Hey guys,

I got into Business @ Griffith GC =). Staying in Uni Accommodation called Nexus Place .. Should be good.

Anyone else doing the same degree ot staying at Nexus place?

J.

Justin51289

HSC

N1C0L3 said:
I got accepted into University Village, Parkwood, just 500m from griffith. Its cheaper there- $170 per week and better value than griffith university village which i thought was expensive esp with the utility rates and other fees bunged on top of the residential fee.
I agree - It's a total rip off. Nexus Place presents much better value for money although I didn't take a very close look at the place that you are talking about ( I did come across it.)

J.

N1C0L3

HSC

yeah it was a tough decision choosing between here or Nexus place, i got offers from both...but thought that id choose sumwhere bit closer to the uni. Nexus looks nice though.

happyboyrulz

HSC
Hey, wow never knew their will be so many people moving to griffith, i thought i was all alone lol >< are you all from nsw?

Neways i'm planning to do oral health in dental science at griffith uni (anyone doing it as well), however waiting if i get into late round for UQ. But yea, not sure if to choose nexus or univeristy village. Got offered by both, but don't know which to choose ><

Any ideas/opinions on which to go?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
happyboyrulz said:
Hey, wow never knew their will be so many people moving to griffith, i thought i was all alone lol >< are you all from nsw?

Neways i'm planning to do oral health in dental science at griffith uni (anyone doing it as well), however waiting if i get into late round for UQ. But yea, not sure if to choose nexus or univeristy village. Got offered by both, but don't know which to choose ><

Any ideas/opinions on which to go?
I'm doing the same course as you. :D

Bunghole

Paris-Dakar
HSC
I got an offer for B Oral Health in Dental Science!

Absolutely stoked about it! Had a pretty crappy UMAT score too..

I did the HSC is 04 and after several dismal UMAT results I almost gave up and started a BSc. Glad I didn't tho. I got a job as a carer, then a theatre orderly and I'm now an anaesthetic tech at RPA. That experience helped me in my interview immensely, which I'm guessing compensated for my not so great marks.

Got a brother who lives in Tugun and a granny who lives in brissy so accomodation is sorted. Finances are sorted thanks to youth allowance and 3 yrs of full time work. Leaving RPA next week to give me a month to move all my gear up before o week. I have to make 2 trips up there cos i have a hobie cat and an inflatable that need towing, but i am well looking forward to a road trip along the nsw coast.

See you there

princesskt

HSC
I got into BA at Griffith, I'm gonna be living at Raymont Lodge :)

How's everyone going with choosing their course/classes and shiz? lol

jabus

HSC
Hey hey, so I'm sitting over here in Canada with the weather outside being -10 (-24 with windchill) and I can't help but stare at this nice little brochure my college has given me. Study in Australia. My college has set up some decent transfer credits with Griffith, which has got me thinking, what do I need to know if I'm deciding to head over on my own into a new continent (well old technically since I was originally born in Australia but I don't remember a thing).

Anywho, I don't really know what questions I should be asking, but is it easy to find a job? Could I bike from any of the University housing areas to school? Will someone teach me how to surf if I do head out there?

How easy is it to find accomadation, is living on campus a ripoff (seems to be the consensus from what I've read). *shrugs*

loser101

HSC

my pack still not here. stupid griffith, some people may take up late round offers even before thier main round Griffith offers arrive

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

dr baby beanie said:
qtf, :uhhuh::D:D

~shinigami~ She didn't make it!! ='(
She was soooooooo upsetl:(, but she'll be there soon;)
~shinigami~ said:
What do you mean? Is she gonna get a second round offer?

I hope so coz we are in desperate need of hot azn halfies. :p
These people are awesome :wave: Especially stevo, who most thoroughly deserves his place in griffith dent for skipping classes while he had UMAT :D

Where are you off to btw arial :eek:

edit: are you doing Science at UNSW &hearts :shy:?

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

Bobness said:
These people are awesome :wave: Especially stevo, who most thoroughly deserves his place in griffith dent for skipping classes while he had UMAT :D
:wave: No you!...are awesome. :p

This guy here is definitely a talented person. Aced first year of uni then transfer to Law/Arts? Super awesome, imho. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)