Globalisation essay (1 Viewer)

steve001

HSC
What should be included when you compare two economies respones to globalisation?

lilley.matthew

HSC
Firstly, i never had to do a task exactly like this, so i am guessing somewhat. Things that would seem important are:
  • Specifically what strategies each country has taken. Off the top of my head i would group these under trade (membership of bodies such as the WTO, free trade agreements, regional trading blocs, general level of tariffs, subsidies), general business environment (rules on foreign investment, government tax incentives, low business tax) and exchange rates (i.e. efficient floating exchange rate if recent- or transfer to Euro if relevant). The list is extensive, but i imagine some of these will be more applicable than others.
  • Some sort of measure of the effectiveness of the approach- such as export growth, GDP growth, various statistics to show how the response to globalisation has aided development- the classic examples are places like China and Ireland that have had export booms etc. You could get quite specific here- talk about how 1 sector has grown, others have declined etc. Also problems arising eg CAD.
Hope that's helpful, best wishes

yolly

HSC
- the GDP Growth
- inflation
- unemplowment
- curremt account deficit (CAD)
- interest rates
- exhange rates

- developmet strategies & limitations for further development

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)