getting a job! (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
does anyone know places that will hire even with like 0 experience that arent fast food chains like maccas or oportos? i need a job after hsc :awesome:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
does anyone know places that will hire even with like 0 experience that arent fast food chains like maccas or oportos? i need a job after hsc :awesome:
Woolworths and similar stores like that

SuperAltastic

HSC
Yep apply as a causal to any retail place they usually need people and go in with your resume and meet the store manager its a better impression that way plus they can gauge that your keen to work and willing to put in the effort, in addition to that apply online too.

i1337

HSC
N/A
Yep apply as a causal to any retail place they usually need people and go in with your resume and meet the store manager its a better impression that way plus they can gauge that your keen to work and willing to put in the effort, in addition to that apply online too.
Yeah this, its important to show up. If it's an online application just put your application reference ID on your resume. I will say however most retail places don't need people, the one I'm in gets dozens of resume's all the time, it's more based on luck imo

Kolmias

HSC
Yeah this, its important to show up. If it's an online application just put your application reference ID on your resume. I will say however most retail places don't need people, the one I'm in gets dozens of resume's all the time, it's more based on luck imo
Never read much into online applications. A lot of people who apply are:

a) Too far away (like 100kms or so)
b) Centrelink recipents applying for their activity requirements. They have to apply for a certain number of jobs per fortnight and a lot of them are just applying to get the DHS off their backs so they can keep receiving benefits.
c) Joke applicants. No idea why anyone would do this.
d) People with appalling resumes. Not meaning no experience or anything, people with resumes which literally look like shit. Think Comic Sans, bright colours, spelling mistakes, bad grammar, stupid email addresses (e.g sexybabe@hotmail.com).

And with people who hand in resumes at supermarkets and retail, this is because retail is:

a) Not physically taxing.
b) Clean and air conditioned.
c) Decent pay.

Go for hospo. They need more people and you'll get more hours. Because EVERYONE. HATES. HOSPO!

If you want a job, make sure that your resume is good. Get some good references and make ask if you can get a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation are kinda of old fashioned but remember that a lot of employers are as well. Go around any shopping centres, cafes, anywhere which you think will hire someone with no experience.

There are lot of people who want jobs. But most 18-25 year olds are shit employees. At the place where I work, we hire 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 year olds who just don't want to do weekends and nights. Good employees are rare and you're going to see this more and more haha. Even in like 'proper' jobs in corporate or whatever, most people are shit employees because people lack drive and dedication.

And don't read too much into the 'experience needed for an entry level job' thing. Most employers are trying to be picky but there not going to get anyone good tho haha. They're just want a best case scenario which they're not going to get.

And don't listen to people who say 'there are not enough jobs for everyone'. This is true but the vast majority of people going for jobs are useless. People are trying to compensate for their own laziness by being negative and bringing others down.

Work hard, be committed and you'll find a job. It will probably be shit and there will be times when you wanna quit but just keep going and you'll go far.

EDIT: Get your RSA and go for bar jobs. Plenty of bar jobs and no one wants to work there tbh.

Last edited:

JeffreyR

HSC
I don't think it would be a problem for you to get a job like this.

Ronik

HSC
Get my greetings! I dream about the time when I get my first full-time job and with health insurance!

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
How about Uber Eats? Great Exercise and Great Pay with Home Take-Away increasing due to the Coronavirus. The only downside is that you don't earn experience.

Those guys actually earn quite a lot, especially in the Sydney CBD.

vivillon

HSC
Personally, I do junior english tutoring and it's pretty good although it's not always so certain. If you did well in your exams, I'm sure that you can charge $40+ p/h.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)