Germany (1 Viewer)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i did Wiemar...i was fairly confident too, untill i read what everyone else wrote!
I basicly just said why Hitler appealed to Germany and how this effected the fall of the Republic, and how he used all the failures of the government against them

M

mick18

KarmaKitten said:
I discussed the streseman years and said how deceptive the appearance of 'stability' was and hitler exploited this stability when it crashed cause of the great depression
Supras are RICE!

M

mick18

LadyBec said:
i did Wiemar...i was fairly confident too, untill i read what everyone else wrote!
I basicly just said why Hitler appealed to Germany and how this effected the fall of the Republic, and how he used all the failures of the government against them
I wouldn't be confident if I was you. You can't even spell Weimar properly!!!!!

raidan

HSC
N/A
KarmaKitten said:
I discussed the streseman years and said how deceptive the appearance of 'stability' was and hitler exploited this stability when it crashed cause of the great depression
sorry, im not that smart..lol

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
Supra:

Take one Japanese car, mix with a ton of cheap plastic parts, add one giant milo-tin on the exhaust, and hey presto, rice.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I did weimar but Stalingrad looked pretty easy as well, didn't do it in class (war at all) but its very straight foreward.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i took a massive gamble and only learned wiemar
arn;t i thanking my lucky stars

Acid

HSC
I thought the Weimar question was very fair, I just wish I did a bit more study. Oh well.

I basically said Hitler's role was minimal, as it was the structural weaknesses of Weimar that made it collapse (conservative elites, flawed constitution, economic influences, external influences, etc). Hitler's popularity given the circumstances was magnetic.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
There was a question that was completley about totalitarianism a couple of years back, it may have been 2002 but im not sure. I was pretty sure that it wouldnt be coming up again this time because of that.

I did Option A too - the negative consensous of Weimar Government, the continuing role of elites and military who were inextricably linked to politics since the time of unification - evidenced in Ebert Groener pact, Hitler as an oppurtunist, assisted by the negative consensous. The too-democratic constitution - Article 48- and coaliton Governments. However, the appeal of Hitler is testament to how his movements in ideaology 'Blut', 'Volk' and 'Furherprinzip' resounded with the nationalistic German public. Also, in 1933 Unemployment was at 6,000,000 but as Hitler revised the Treaty Of Versailles and began to rearm it hit 200,000. AJP Taylor also stated that 'The Depression put the wind in Hitler's sails'.

I thought it was a good question, thats a skeleton of my answer. Stalingrad was a bit offputting.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
ummmm? dont mean to sound stupid...but in the Weimar Republic question, were we supposed to write about:
1. the depression as a cause of its collapse?
2. obviously hitler and the nazi party's appeal (eg. his oratory skills?)
3. censorship and propanganda?
4. elimination of jews and women?

or are the last two points irrelevent? i dunno how i went? hopefully over 14/20?...or @ LEAST 14/20?? pff i dunno?

thatgirl

Hey - I'm sure you did fine
Even if the last two points were somewhat irrelevant if you linked them(because linkage is goood) back to the topic it would have been great

I did the same question - it was pretty good - I just raved on about the impact of those who controlled the gov't - Hindenburg and by defult those who influenced him - brought Hitler to a place of power where he could bring about Weimar collapse. His popularity only got him so far. And then their was something else about Weimar being doomed from the beginning

BUT

Now I DON'T HAVE TO CARE

IT'S OVER

vanillalatte

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
ummmm? dont mean to sound stupid...but in the Weimar Republic question, were we supposed to write about:
1. the depression as a cause of its collapse?
2. obviously hitler and the nazi party's appeal (eg. his oratory skills?)
3. censorship and propanganda?
4. elimination of jews and women?

or are the last two points irrelevent? i dunno how i went? hopefully over 14/20?...or @ LEAST 14/20?? pff i dunno?
the last 2 points are relevant it u went back and connected it with ur thesis - depending on which perspective u took on the question. but remember they mark you on everything that you have written. not something that u havent wrote or is irrelevant.

hatty

Banned
hey

i did the weimar question, this was what i spoke about.

-the TOV/great D./ and economic hardships (ie. hyper inflation and naval blockade) and how hitler used them to his advantage
- the fear of communists
-hilters own personal skill as a demagogue (complete with the bullock quote)
-playing on the perception of the weak republic.

is any of this shit i just mentioned at all relevant to that question?

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
i wrote the qtn based on these factors
>social
>economic
- political
-mitilary

i mentioned how hitler amd the nazi used this to their advantaged and how these factors contributed to the rise of hitler

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)