Genetics option (1 Viewer)

Jenny927

Buttercup
HSC
What did you write for part c), d) and e) ?

For c) I wrote about how it was not accurate to be used as paternity testing since many other people can have same blood group.... I won't even talk about what I wrote for the use of blood group it's terrible hahah...I totally blanked out for that bit.

For d) i. I wrote about how one gene one polypeptide etc etc etc
d) ii. I wrote for strength: shows a long DNA sequence rather then just a section of the sequence and they used many samples [I wrote 2 because I thought the first one wouldn't work out well...hopefully they wont mark me down] and for limitation I wrote that the name of the species aren't shown so we don't know what they are [....LOL I totally stuffed up that question]

For e) I wrote about HOX genes and gene therapy (Only wrote 3/4 page :( others in my year wrote 2 FULL page!!!)

Simile

HSC
N/A
For d), did anyone write about hox genes in the development?

ushnakhalid

HSC

tbh i dont even know what i wrote, by the time i got to the end of the exam i had the worst headache and was bummed about not knowing some previous answers so i wrote some bs about transgenic species and gene therapy etc

britaker

HSC
Nope. Didn't study them and was ridiculously happy they weren't explicitly in the exam xD

I think I did end up talking about the wrong thing in (i) though. Did any one else talk about redundancy?
In part (ii) I had on one hand, the higher the genetic similarity (%) the closer the common ancestor blah blah blah, and on the other hand, they only analysed one gene, not the remainder of the genome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)