General Thoughts: SOR 2 (1 Viewer)

Daikaio

HSC
Section III was terrible. Apparently the BOS said that the questions were drawn from our studies of Ethics or Practices. I used examples from Marriage in Judaism, so that's a relief. As for the peace question, it wasn't too bad. Took me a minute to comprehend what it was asking, then went on about the misinterpretations surrounding Islam & their principal teachings. Talked a fair bit about World Peace, too. Overall, I'm pretty confident, but I'm quite anxious to see how I'll go with Section III taken into account.

elias.p

HSC
I admit that it was unfair to throw in those type of questions for Section III. But, too many students got thrown off by the quotations & the wording of the question. You did not have to base your entire response on the quote. A top student would have applied their knowledge of person, ethics & practice to answer the question and aplly it to the whole tradition. Personally, those who studied Hinduism & Buddhism got off easier. I did Judasim and I think it did very well. Unfortunatley those who did Christianity & Isalm were stuffed.

monsters

HSC
I admit that it was unfair to throw in those type of questions for Section III. But, too many students got thrown off by the quotations & the wording of the question. You did not have to base your entire response on the quote. A top student would have applied their knowledge of person, ethics & practice to answer the question and aplly it to the whole tradition. Personally, those who studied Hinduism & Buddhism got off easier. I did Judasim and I think it did very well. Unfortunatley those who did Christianity & Isalm were stuffed.
nope :) i did christianity and it was equally as easy as the others. there was a lot i drew from in that quote: jesus' behaviour and how it dictates that of people today (kindness, selflessness), the part where one of the people mentioned something about their heart burning - how by only accepting god into one's heart can you be a true believer etc. considering we'd been taught about ethics, practices and persons, that was the question to incorporate your knowledge of all of that in. i mentioned baptism and holy communion, and how the bible dictated life for adherents, recalling my notes on what makes it a 'dynamic religion'. it was simple. people are just dumb.

monsters

HSC
this is getting way too out of hand. the board of studies aren't stupid - they know what we are being taught and they are clever in HOW they worded the question. section three was a summary of everything we've learnt about religion over the past two years, about how it is a living, dynamic religion in the life of adherents. is that not what we've accumulated throughout prelim and hsc? is that not what we we taught through ethics, practise and significant persons? the question was worded that you needed to be able to put two and two together, it wasn't as left field as many people are suggesting. for those who paid attention throughout the two years and developed an overall understanding of the religion in contemporary society, it would have been a breeze.

louie1107

HSC
N/A
What were the question options for section III ???
I am freaking out now cause people thought it wasnt on the sillybus
I did Buddhism, wasnt it just asking about either a practice or ethics or both?
I talked about puja and bioethics.
Did i do it wrong? Or did people have problems with the other questions?
arrrghhh

mharris

HSC
i found all of it quite good, lovvvvved section 4 and 3 was pretty ok, with my answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)