General Thoughts: SOR 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

kaytt

HSC
i completely agree! wtf were with those two damn questions... especially the religion and peace one, i sat there staring at it for a good 20 minutes :| ... i was so dumbfounded and not ready for either of those 'questions'

heres our schools perparing us for 'straight forward' questions and as it turns out the BOS decided to kill us all with pathetic questions

fingers crossed english isn't something odd like this tomorrow.

mr.sea

HSC
that was sero fucked!
MUHAMMAD'S REVELATIONS!?
WHAT WAS B.O.S THINKING
and i wasn't too fond of the peace question

fml

*AlexandraRose*

HSC
okay SOR was fucked. it was ten times harder than any previous exam.
the quoets were fucked two.
but i dont get how the peace and religion essay was hard cause didnt we all study that topic for like a term??? and that quote was easy to understand... ???

TaraBella

HSC
that was sero fucked!
MUHAMMAD'S REVELATIONS!?
WHAT WAS B.O.S THINKING

fml

I KNOW RIGHT.
I couldnt do the islam question I had to do Hinduism instead!!!!

I wasn't expecting we had to write essays based on QUOTES.
HOW SCREWED UP.

.N.

HSC
WTHHH WAS THAT.....
how can u answer part 3 20 marks! with those quotes.... are u meant to refer to everything u've learnt in the religious tradition or wat? i was planning to choose christianity but didnt know wherther to do bioethics, significant person or baptism.... so i did buddhism bioethics and the crappest response ive done! im sooo pissed off.. that was sooooo crap here goes my crappy mark!
and religion n peace was crap too.
seriously hardest exam

laure.b

HSC
um... how can they doooooooooo thaaaaaaaaat!?!!!!!????
NOT THE SYLLABUS.... they already fucked up the timetable.. did we need thaaaaat !?
thankgod for the buddhism one.. which was stil VERY VERY fucked. that quote... and islam and christianity ?????!!!!!
and religion and peace... just too specific.. and my brain was screwed trying to work out what was happening.. i wanted to be like sorry i didn't learn this where is the reaaaal exam!?!fgnmierogtehwior

TaraBella

HSC
okay SOR was fucked. it was ten times harder than any previous exam.
the quoets were fucked two.
but i dont get how the peace and religion essay was hard cause didnt we all study that topic for like a term??? and that quote was easy to understand... ???

Hey Alex. It's Tara lol.

yeah I didn't mind the religion and peace. Did you write about Buddhism or Hinduism?

elliev716

HSC
Section Three was horrible. I'm not sure if this is some sort of experiment from the BOS to see how we react to an extended response that isn't even on the syllabus. Section Four wasn't AS bad and gave some direction however last year they also tested students on only one religion for religion & peace. This was seen as an injustice by many teachers as we study two, so complaints were made to the BOS and obviously the BOS have not listened.

Now here is my main issue. We are allowed 5 minutes reading time before we write.
At our school we are taught to read section two and three and decide which two we are using for short answers, and which one we are using for extended. As soon as I (and most of my year) read section three we were almost in tears, so we were pretty much put off for the whole exam.

mr.sea

HSC
that was sero fucked!
MUHAMMAD'S REVELATIONS!?
WHAT WAS B.O.S THINKING

fml

thismodernage

HSC
It was horrible. I really wanted to go well in Religion but now that concept has completely flown out of the window. I can see how they were trying to get us to integrate our knowledge but maybe they should have told us beforehand that they were going to ask us ridiculous, obscure questions so we would be prepared. I swear half the people didn't even know what to write about.

ON TOP OF THIS the examiner at my school didn't give us our multiple choice answer sheets...and then when we were like umm...she handed them out during our reading time and talked alllllll through it. and THEN the examiner's phone started ringing TWICE during the examination. you would think that after the first time you would turn it off or something...

arrrghhhhhhhhhh horrid horrid board of studies. i really don't know how they're possibly going to mark it, they're prevented a lot of people who could've gone well from getting a good mark.

and english paper two tommorroww, are BOS going to pull another swifty on us?

*AlexandraRose*

HSC
yeah tara the peace one was gd but i ended up choosing buddhism and spending 20 mins trying to understand the question (rearranging did not work) and so i spent like another 20 mins just writing shit (4 pages worth) =(
shame....

TaraBella

HSC
yeah tara the peace one was gd but i ended up choosing buddhism and spending 20 mins trying to understand the question (rearranging did not work) and so i spent like another 20 mins just writing shit (4 pages worth) =(
shame....

Yeah I chose buddhism too. I ended up being like yeah some religions are violent (cant remember exactly what I wrote) and was like, but Buddhism is peaceful at heart, and like went on to explain the Dhammapada, etc.

Did you end up speaking to anyone after you left? what did others think lol.

*AlexandraRose*

HSC
tess was majorly disappointed. she had exactly the same problem with the two extended response and she said she wasnt confident with one of the a) b) c) sections. and keita was like meh.. i dont think he wrote too much. i am throughly pissed and i think ill go talk to miss simpson/hixon tomorrow after english....

TaraBella

HSC
Yeah I dont think keita wrote much either.
Did reonne leave early?

Well I hope the whole state was screwed and it doesn't affect us since everyone sucked? lol I dunno.

Bri1991

HSC
i was told by my teacher to write 3 essays covering all areas for section 3 and memorise them so that once i got into the exam i could just write one down...

i got in and did the christianity question and i had no idea what i was talking about... i made the whole thing up and they only reason i was able to write 3 pages was because i drew from my personal experance and knowledge of being a christian.

I didnt realise that the BOS could just do that without any warning and it stuffed me up for the whole exam as that was the first thing that i read and i was so worried about it for the rest of my exam.

elliev716

HSC
Apparently it's from the year 11 syllabus? This is what I am now being told. I know they are allowed to use the pre-lim syllabus in maths..BUT are they allowed to do this in S.O.R?

yheywood87

HSC
for section 3 what the hell were you meant to write to get 20 fucking marks!
that was ridiculous.....

and as for religion and peace... that was completely bizarre

worst paper ever...

i gave up and walked out an hour early

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)