General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Rabiies

HSC
I found it ok easier than expected but hated q 9 and found it weirder than normal since most of marks were 1 wth? If I get 108/120 and considering I come from malek Fahd Islamic school would I get 90 + ?
q9 was really weird. didn't like it. :\
btw, our marks might be scaled higher if everyone's mark is high aswell. i go mfis aswell. who r u?

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
am i the only one who thought that test was BRUTAL! I ran out of time massively- only just finished and had no time to check. Compared to past papers i thought it was much harder!!
Probably not just you. I know a few people in my class that didn't really like the exam.
I personally thought it was as good, if not easier than the past papers i did, though i just left a few things here and there because i honestly just didn't know them, or i had a mental blank at the time.

aheyhey

HSC
Yeah some of my friends said they worked too slowly so they didn't finish.
For me, the exam was easier than the 2010 2009 papers. (Thank god lol. Really didn't do all that well in 2010.)

Ezalb

HSC
I quite liked the exam, as soon as I left I realised some stupid mistakes that I made.
Eg. I said that sin^2x + sinx = sin^3x in the differentiation question. XD
I also couldn't do the superannuation question for some reason. I kept looking at it and thinking "I know I can do this, but I just can't". Even now, after the exam, I can't do it. Does anyone have any answers? Because I am lost. Even with the help of my textbook.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
There's a thread on here that has the solutions. I think it's called Mathematics 2U Solutions, or something like that.

flautist1302

HSC
ah stuffed this exam up. first 5 were fairly straightforwards. but then 8,9,10 really did me in :(.
i'm probably gonna get 80/120. thats an mid band 5 ?
80/120 is 75%, meaning as a raw mark, it's mid band 4. then scaling does who knows what to it?! :p

justforart

HSC
N/A
Re: paper

Were you meant to do something special for Q5 , with the simpson's rule?

Or did you just plug values in?
i though the same thing as it was 3 marks i think and seemed to simple i think so, i don't remember exactly but it asked for distance but gave velocity or something :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)