General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

miss giggles

HSC
i put mode because it seemed to have the largest column like really big in comparsion to the others ...so i was lyk the guy making the glove would make most profit if he chooses the hand span most ppl in population got.

yet again i could be wrong :(
but you only got 1 question to fuss about ... thats great you'll probably get 99+

unlike me.. i got like 7 or 8 wrong so far </3
sayin goodbye to a band 6
don't worry you'll probably still get a band 6 as apparently your marks get scaled up

hul0

HSC
does anyone exactly remember the 3rd last q in maths...it had sumthin along the lines of 'difference of 400'

can you just work it out because i want to check if i could have got the working out right and then i can feel a bit happier =)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
does anyone exactly remember the 3rd last q in maths...it had sumthin along the lines of 'difference of 400'

can you just work it out because i want to check if i could have got the working out right and then i can feel a bit happier =)
EDIT: I did it wrong i think but I got 19.

joeym132

HSC
talk bout some multiple choice questions.....any that u remember that havnt been discussed yet.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
damn i was going to put that. Anyways, our teachers refuse to go over the school certificate exams because they don't want to worry us and encourage contemplation. Plus, it's because we don't go to a great school so I guess we just have to wait till the 10th of December :jaw:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
i put mean
me too.

Well the options are:

Mode: because the glove manufacturers may want to sell more gloves?
Median: because it is not affected by outliers
Mean: because it just sounds good? LOL. I can't believe I wrote this answer but i can't think of any reason.

hul0

HSC
i think its mode as well.. because the median and mean scores had lower frequencies...so if the dude takes the score [hand span] using the mean/median then he won't make alot of money $_$

so the mode would be better

sorry but im stupid at explaining stuff :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)