General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

Urgh, that was soooooooo much better than yesterdays test :D
( I did the crucible, so yesterday's essay was rather tough...:( )

Anyhow; Loooooveeedd the Distinctively Visual question. It suited the Douglas Stewart poems perfectly :p (When we studied them, it was all about 'mans interaction with nature' and 'experiences through nature' or something along those lines; So the question being about -how- that was done worked super well for me :D I used 2 related texts as well, because they linked so nicely :D

I wasn't a fan of the section 2 questions. Honestly, do I care what perspective Jane Yolen had towards personal identity. That was a hastle to write about because it was really hard to work in simple elements like the entire fairy tales aspect of the book D:

Section 3 on Billy Elliot was an awesome question. Talk about consequences of moving into the world. Pretty simple for Billy tbh. Thankfully, it was a 1 related text question, so I saved a lot of time by only having to write about the one and not work in a second related :)

Overall, I'm significantly happier than yesterday :D

Skriker

HSC
into the world..................
MY DREAMS OF A BAND6 IN STD ARE OVEEEEEEEEEEER
OMG THAT WAS THE EASIEST QUESTION EVA. Adapted perfectly!! Just spoke about the consequences they went through like conflict between character and they have too let people go etc etc.

Yup module B was shit I wrote how the negative impact of violence On Samuel and how it has made it a struggle to live a normal life to show the struggle in Samuel i don't even know if I answered the q properly haha :)

Module A was pretty Damn easy too adapt from my memorised essay from the trials xD

fuggu1

HSC
what really surprised me was how the question for module c was the same as the CSSA TRIALS LOL

M

MichelleV

what really surprised me was how the question for module c was the same as the CSSA TRIALS LOL
Wow; That's a huge advantage for anybody who did that trial and that question.
Lucky :O

gaugau1

HSC
Module b was a bit tricky but apart from that I loved it!! Wooohhhooo English is over for ever. Hated it for 13 yrs!!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought the mod a question for distinctively visual was the easiest. I did it first and I'm expecting like 18-20 for that section.
Mod b was pretty good too. Also expecting 18-20
Ran out of time a little for mod c though, and I had to condense a 250 word paragraph to like 100 words, but such is life. I'll hopefully get 16-17 for that.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it. :)
Some of my language could've been more sophisticated and my writing could've been more structured, but I'm just happy I remembered all my quotes. :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ikr?!
It specified ONE RT and all.
Although, I used a different RT so I couldn't learn from my trial mistakes. :/

fuggu1

HSC
yeah fuark, when i read it, i was like you've got to be fucking joking.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Anyone did Witness for module b?
fucked me up bad i wrote 2 and a half pages for it

but other two were pretty good 5 pages each, around 220 words each page

Skriker

HSC
Anyone did Witness for module b?
fucked me up bad i wrote 2 and a half pages for it

but other two were pretty good 5 pages each, around 220 words each page
yeah i wrote about how how the negative impact of violence and loss of innocence on Samuel had made it a struggle to live a normal life.

Not too sure if I answered the question correctly haha, what did you end up writing about?

AlbertF

HSC
feeling pretty confident, felt like I answered the questions perfectly to the question, didn't digress off topic, all content was related to marking guidelines. Feeling pretty happy :) Paper 1 wasn't so good though haha. Congrats guys, it's over, never again!

lockedbox

HSC
Yeah the distintively visual question threw me off too cause like you I'd been preparing for character and theme based qs, but I think I adapted quite well...

However the Module B Witness question was shit!
really, I thought it was easy, especially for Tom Brennan because the whole novel was about the consequences of daniels actions and how they affected society, what text did you do?

HSC
really, I thought it was easy, especially for Tom Brennan because the whole novel was about the consequences of daniels actions and how they affected society, what text did you do?
Yeah no I agree the Tom Brennan q was easy, there was a lot to discuss and positive consequences too so like Tom's growth etc. THe distinctively visual one I didn't expect but now come to think of it it was pretty good. But the Module B Witness essay was bad.

HSC
did anyone do Witness? what were u supposed to write about?
That was such a stupid q, it screwed me up. I talked about how Book enters the Amish world etc and struggles because of the cultural differences e.g. his struggle with Rachel they couldn't be together using the barn dance scene because of the culture blah blah, talked about the gun scene and how it destroys Samuel's innocence and how Eli and Rachel stuggled because of this and having John around, um how John struggles wth abiding my the Amish rules using the icecream incident... I basically just used my themes and related it to how it created an individual struggle for the character :S mostly Book. =S and I only wrote 3.5 pages (large writing) because I was thrown off and had to plan my response and then ran out of time :mad:

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Yeah. But quality>Quantity. I may have lacked quality in module A :(>. dam.....

this hopefully repays off my bad trial result.
even when it's hit and miss, the more you write the more likely you are to hit the marking criteria

danjw

HSC
Distinctively visual and into the world were exactly what I wanted and expected.
Witness was literally painful though :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)