General Thoughts: English SC (1 Viewer)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Just did the English one. Will go to the Science one in a bit.

The writing tasks were kind of pants but they're ok I guess. This year's wasn't as ambivalent as other years.

James747

HSC
Re: English SC

The English paper was easier than I expected *phew!* The comprehensions were pretty straightforward, but the writing tasks required abit more thinking.

All the best to everyone!

A l

HSC
N/A

What were your two writing tasks?

yeeshu

HSC

dammit i think i screwed over the dam comprehension...writing taks were ok though

James747

HSC

A l said:
What were your two writing tasks?
One was a newpaper report of an event that happened at a school and the other was a picture stimulus of people forming a bridge with a train coming in, the opening sentence was "imagine a day when hope and daring are all we need to build bridges."

.:Krad:.

HSC

English paper was easier than i expected
except that i stuff-up one of the comprehension

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC

I agree with the poster. The two questions kinda limited my thoughts and ideas. So, I just bsed it =P

Artemis.

HSC

Didn't mind it, except for the speech. My news report was extremely boring and unoriginal though. Multiple choice and poetry were pretty good though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Didn't like the poetry :( But speech was ok. MC and News report was pretty easy compared to previous years

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC

Was alright, didn't really like the poetry but the MC and speech were alright.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

pretty damn easy, cant believe i was worked up for this exam..

Hey what did u guys write for the last bit?

I wrote about doing what you want in life, or something like that....sounds stupid but theoretically, you cant interpret it wrong, and u get marked according to ur idea and what you write

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
for the school one.. i dunno i felt like there wasn't enough room to write anything incredibly substantial? i wrote about a school fete that got rained out. mc was fine .. and the bridge one was kind of similar to my trial.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I loved the English exam. I think it's the only one I have a chance of getting a Band 6 for.

For the newspaper article, I didn't go into too much because they REALLY didn't give you enough room. I hated that they included that border; it severely limited your writing space. But I reported on a time capsule from the 70s being discovered in the school grounds. Nothing original or groundbreaking, but oh well.

The stimilus was kind of strange, but easy to work with. I wrote about how our society was in desperate need of trust, basically, and how we needed to start moving in the right direction towards peace and unity. Branching off from this I briefly talked about reconciliation and muliticulturalism, but I didn't get to go into these as much as I wanted to because, again, the limited space.... I know my idea was not the best or the most original, but I'm confident I supported and justified my arguments well.

Deluge

HSC
Mm. I wrote about... multicultural day. I'm so original. And then I wrote about children being the future, not because that's a cliche - no, but because I <i>inadvertently</i> said that our current leaders have already established themselves on a foundation of lies, greed etc...

Jachie, I'm sure you'll do well. Band six for you. Cheers!

A lot of English exams leave a lot to be desired these days. There just doesn't seem a lot of space to express the creativity we've all got. But I'm hoping that I'll get a band six for it...

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
lol
all u need for english is an open mind, then make up anything that seems reasonable. sounds good..

sasa-o8

HSC
i reckon the english SC was alright! MC was alright, newspaper report i had trouble as i forgotten how to properly set out a newspaper article! and i was totally lost on the last one.. no ideas whatsoever. i'm sure to get really low for that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)