General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
Was it just me or was multiple choice the hardest section as compared to the other two sections?
Some of the questions were pretty hard. Overall the test was ok but if I had to choose the hardest part, it would be the multiple choice...

Like someone asked in the science thread...what do you think you guys got (best and worst case scenario)?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I found the multiple choice pretty straightforward, actually!
*sad face* Like it was really easy in the beginning texts and towards the ending texts.... The middle texts were so confusing for me!

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
Yes it was the supervisors for me as well......that sucks -_-
And I don't think what I wrote was amazing LOL pretty average effort I think, but we'll just have to wait and see. ;)
And yes the visual one was the hardest part of the test for me.
PS: My school sucks

Best: Around the 90 mark
Worst: 65ish,
Happy: Band 5 or more.

Last edited:

Laeth01

HSC
For the last question about the memories thing? I just had a guy who looked at a photo of himself when he was a little kid, and then nostalgia and he recalls memories of when he was a kid and how life was much easier blah blah blah.

Did it have to be an actual short story?

I did the same thing -.-'. i was using every good sounding metaphor,simile that i could come up with haah

zombies

HSC
Like someone asked in the science thread...what do you think you guys got (best and worst case scenario)?
Best would be high 90s, worst would be late 80s.

*sad face* Like it was really easy in the beginning texts and towards the ending texts.... The middle texts were so confusing for me!
Don't worry! I'm sure you did great~ After all, you have a 25% chance of getting it right, and it gets bumped up to 50% once you eliminate the dumb sounding options that are obviously not the answer =P

hayabusaboston

HSC
Ah stupid multiple choice was RIDICULOUSLY subjective... Anyway the story part was quite fun, a friend wrote about a full on invasion mission into a Russian Nuclear Facility hahahah

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
The last two short answers killed me. Not because they were hard, but because I was just so over the text and everything by that point. Multiple choice was a breeze with the exception of a couple of closely related or wtf answers... and I felt that my extended response could have been ALOT better and what I decided to write about would have been suited to at least 3 pages instead as i had to wrap it up bluntly and couldn't really explain everything that I had left open, sitting on the bus this afternoon I came up with what would I SHOULD have done, and what I SHOULD have said in my actual story.
Yeah, life can suck, but at least it's over :D

hayabusaboston

HSC
The last two short answers killed me. Not because they were hard, but because I was just so over the text and everything by that point. Multiple choice was a breeze with the exception of a couple of closely related or wtf answers... and I felt that my extended response could have been ALOT better and what I decided to write about would have been suited to at least 3 pages instead as i had to wrap it up bluntly and couldn't really explain everything that I had left open, sitting on the bus this afternoon I came up with what would I SHOULD have done, and what I SHOULD have said in my actual story.
Well done then, you probably beat me in multiple choice :) Just a thing, I really don't want to offend, but I see everyone saying "alot" instead of "a lot". There's a space in between. Every single person ive seen on BOS says "alot", a lot, so I don't blame you.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Did anyone notice the elephant before they saw that multiple choice answer? I didn't.

I think my creative was pretty good, worthy of 20 marks. The hardest part was coming up with 4 techniques for the last two short answers. I ended up having some bs like diction, descriptive language, and sensual language.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Did anyone notice the elephant before they saw that multiple choice answer? I didn't.

I think my creative was pretty good, worthy of 20 marks. The hardest part was coming up with 4 techniques for the last two short answers. I ended up having some bs like diction, descriptive language, and sensual language.
omg, that part was pretty tough !
my inner BS artist came out for that !

Lina3

HSC

LOL I looked at the answer option and was like "What the heck? There is no elephant there, that option is totally wrong, how stupi....oh..wait" xD

Renegader

HSC

WHAT? There was a question where you had to name four techniques? Did I miss something? D:

I only remember there being that swimming extract from a book and 6 questions in total, with the last two being worth 4 marks each? One of them were asking how it creates a sense of suspense, is that what you meant?

maddy2013

HSC
WHAT? There was a question where you had to name four techniques? Did I miss something? D:

I only remember there being that swimming extract from a book and 6 questions in total, with the last two being worth 4 marks each? One of them were asking how it creates a sense of suspense, is that what you meant?
^^ slash I think what falsenthusiasm means is to get the four marks, they wrote four techniques. I didn't do that though, just interpreted it, and I'm doing ext. next year. Not sure if that was necessary?

Renegader

HSC
^^ slash I think what falsenthusiasm means is to get the four marks, they wrote four techniques. I didn't do that though, just interpreted it, and I'm doing ext. next year. Not sure if that was necessary?
Ah, maybe he's right, I don't know. I just gave examples and filled up the lines, I think it said describe or something. >.>

I'm doing extension next year too, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)