General Thoughts: EE1 (1 Viewer)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
It was a pretty awesome exam, especially for Textual Dynamics!

The essay was straight forward, it was based directly on the syllabus for TD and Mod C.

The creative worked well for me. I used the first of Fowles 3 alternate endings in The French Lieutenant's Woman as the premise for mine, it was connected to Victorian culture and modern society, the important event was Charles Smithson and Sarah's intimate moment in Lyme Regis, which was the 'end of Victorian culture'. I really wish I could go back and read the story again, I absolutely loved it!

I wrote: 14 booklets in total (approx. 42 pages)

9 booklets for essay
5 booklets for the creative

I write pretty big lol.

Anyone else do Textual Dynamics? How did you go?

Last edited:

acemusic415

HSC

The essay was straight forward, it was based directly on the syllabus for TD and Mod C.

The creative worked well for me. I used the first of Fowles 3 alternate endings in The French Lieutenant's Woman as the premise for mine, it was connected to Victorian culture and modern society, the important even was Charles Smithson and Sarah's intimate moment in Lyme Regis, which was the 'end of Victorian culture'. I really wish I could go back and read the story again, I absolutely loved it!

9 booklets for essay

I write pretty big lol.

God.

ball00n

HSC
I thought Romanticism was alright but I didn't really like the essay question as I thought it was difficult how it asked you to evaluate like textual form and didn't expect it to be centred on the imagination again! Wow you guys used so many related texts! I only included one so pretty much screwed. I wrote 30 pages all together, but my writing was massive! And its not quality work I can assure you. Too much mindless blabber.

But isn't it a great feeling? No more english exams. Ever!

HSC
Wrote 24 pages. Doesn't mean I killed it though, just means i'm good at remembering my essay and story :)

Vidhya

HSC
Crime Writing essay question was perfect! Creative was okay, but my story was shitty anyway. I did nine full booklets in total (big handwriting)

smik11

HSC
Omg i only wrote 16 pages and it felt like a lot.. :/
But im sure its at least 2.5k

HSC

The creative worked well for me. I used the first of Fowles 3 alternate endings in The French Lieutenant's Woman as the premise for mine, it was connected to Victorian culture and modern society, the important event was Charles Smithson and Sarah's intimate moment in Lyme Regis, which was the 'end of Victorian culture'. I really wish I could go back and read the story again, I absolutely loved it!

9 booklets for essay

I write pretty big lol.

Well played, you're hand must be that of a cyborg cause that's a truckload of booklets.

funkygirl59

HSC
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here
I did 15 pages for each. it was a really good exam: after the bomb essay was so easy/generic --> basically just wrote my prepared essay because it spoke about everything in the quesiton, and added more references to the words of the question as i went to really hammer it home.

the creative: it was first person reflecting on an event in their life. that's exactly what my story was: and it was all about the evil within/outside like the quote said.
pretty good :)

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Wow i only wrote 7 pages for essay and 5 for story (about 8 words a line), i just write so freaking slowly! I'm so annoyed i didn't get to write the last two sentences of my story so i didn't really get to link it back to the stimulus that well (yes i know i should've managed my time better, i'm kinda facepalming right now). Ah well, it was semi concluded. The questions were really good for After the Bomb and apparently all the other electives as well which is good because it allows everyone to show how much they really know. I'm just so glad i never have to think about Extension ever again!

imd94

HSC
The Romanticism question was like an Inception question. It was two questions, within a question.. Hard to show your knowledge of either aspect of the question considering they were basically asking for four texts so it was a loottt to write about. Also hard to integrate your discussion of the two, or I thought so anway.

acemusic415

HSC
The Romanticism question was like an Inception question. It was two questions, within a question.. Hard to show your knowledge of either aspect of the question considering they were basically asking for four texts so it was a loottt to write about. Also hard to integrate your discussion of the two, or I thought so anway.
I think all the essays questions had two aspects to focus on which made it difficult to centralise your focus. But they still expected the same from every year: context, conventions and language.

HSC
p good paper

my creative fit solidly into the stimulus, managed 9 pages

essay was rather straightforward, but i think my second related text wasn't analysed very well (letter to wordsworth) so that will definitely lose me marks. managed 12 pages

i'd be happier to e4 this subject than e4/b6 my other subjects since i have done nothing all year and just got lucky with the questions :)

imd94

HSC
I think all the essays questions had two aspects to focus on which made it difficult to centralise your focus. But they still expected the same from every year: context, conventions and language.
yeah, except generally the language and techniques part is assumed, as in mentioned in the rubric that you're meant to analyse language forms and features

Stretch21

HSC
First time reading an English related thread, crazy :O
Yeah WTF is up with so much writing?

I did 9 pages for the essay and 5 for the story (6-8 words per line), and I thought that was pretty decent. To all the people writing the equivalent of War and Peace, how much do others in your class write?

Lastly, how nice have your invigilator's been? Mine have been pretty awesome, funny before the exams and not too fussed about stopping dead on the time. Fair enough though, what with the distractions such as people coming into our room to check a fire extinguisher (WTF??? Scheduling???), them being slow to get writing booklets out to us etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)