General Thoughts: Design and Technology (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

Congratulations all on finishing your HSC!

Jaymay

HSC
I was 15 minutes late into the exam...

Thought it was at 1.55 like every other afternoon exam in the world

Ohwell! Extended responses were hard, not to much to write on, so it was woffle time. Multiple choice were also iffy, but short answers easy as shit.

Finished.

joezia

HSC
i thought i was running out of time but i finished like 10minutes to spare

multiple choice was probly the hardest section i reckon id get 9/10 if im lucky, but at least a 7

section 2 the quality of life question sucked id lose a mark there, i wrote 3 pages on that question lol, others were all really good i wrote another 3 pages on the effects of designing products with short lifespan question too

section 3 was really really good, wrote 3 pages on each question

im guessing 36+/40

splash_me

HSC
Fairly easy exam compared to all the others.
I have to agree that multiple choice was the hardest part. It was really difficult to choose between the different options!
Just rambled on for ages in the essay questions. Wrote two pages for the first one and three pages for the second one.

crfrider

HSC
I thought mc was definetely the hardest, what were everyones answers?

joezia

HSC
can some1 upload the paper? i cant remember them

Last edited:

jonathanli

HSC
My M/C answers were:
1.C
2.D
3.B
4.C
5.B
6.A
7.C
8.A
9.A
10.C

short answers were a piece of piss.

extended response took me a while to figure out what to write about.

for 14 a) i wrote about research methods etc like surveys and questionarres

14b) i wrote about how COMPETITION, PROFIT/SALES, ECONOMIC(recession/surplus), LEGAL(laws changing) and environemtal(making products better for environment) Issues affect how products need to be further developed.

Does that sound about right anyone?

I dont even know why im on this forum now the hsc is over-i dont know why anyone is lol.. but meh im just really curious about this dt exam.

joezia

HSC
My M/C answers were:
1.C
2.D
3.B
4.C
5.B
6.A
7.C
8.A
9.A
10.C
can u upload the MC papers? i think a couple of them might be wrong cos im sure i put D more than once , 14 a) i wrote pretty much the same, maybe prototyping too and market research

14 b) i wrote about environmental considerations, using sustainable resources to substitute, lessening energy consumption and more , like that

Dianna22

HSC
i THINK i did pretty good, I used my acronym of METPAC for section 2 (succees of innovation) - Marketing Strategies, Economic, Timing, Political, Avaliable and emerging technology and Cultural & historial factors-

OVERALL- the exam was pretty good

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol mc was good, I liked it cause some of them made you think for once...
Essay questions lol I swear they were exactly the same. Wrote 1 booklet for A and 1.5 for B. user NAPFACEUSERSOLD. Needs, personal values, functional , aesthetical, cost, economic, use of design, safety, ergonomics, recyclability, sustainability, obsolescence, life cycle analysis, durability. And timing. Not all of them 100% related to the question, but I changed it around to work with the essay question. Should be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)