General Thoughts: Community & Family Studies (1 Viewer)

babyslayer

HSC
N/A
Re: Thoughts on CAFS HSC Exam 2014

the questions were terribly worded ! even the characteristics of families in crisis and homeless i wasnt sure if they wanted us to compare the same characteristic ! just a quick question, for the extended response for individuals and work i wrote 7 work patterns but repeated the same example of divorce, death, pregnancy twice each usually, and all my body paragraphs sounded the same except subbstituting the work pattern, how badly do you think this will effect my mark? thanks !

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

the questions were terribly worded ! even the characteristics of families in crisis and homeless i wasnt sure if they wanted us to compare the same characteristic ! just a quick question, for the extended response for individuals and work i wrote 7 work patterns but repeated the same example of divorce, death, pregnancy twice each usually, and all my body paragraphs sounded the same except subbstituting the work pattern, how badly do you think this will effect my mark? thanks !
I wouldnt worry too much babe. Because you have used 3 examples, and 7 work patterns - clearly showing your understanding. Look, that question was fucked. I used death, birth and used examples like the transition from high to uni and used only 3 work patterns in depth. The markers will know that that question was VERYYY poor, and down right stupid because my entire class did not know what to write.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

yes, isn't it makes more sense if it says 'parents have the right to discipline their children' ? haha i'm not sure it just sounds right
It does. I'll check with my teacher.

hungry

HSC

I was kinda stuck on one MC question and I feel dumb because I think it should have been obvious. It was the one about what you put in the appendices and I was stuck between the article thing and written responses. I don't even remember which one I picked, I think the article one. I felt like you could include both.

And also I agree the male question was poorly worded. I was not sure if they meant he was taking on the role that was commonly taken by women so I wasn't sure if they wanted us to refer to gender perception and stuff. It just made it more difficult when they specified social parents. I just wrote about gender roles and perceptions.

hungry

HSC

And another MC I was stuck on, self esteem of the chronically ill... I don't remember which one I picked. What was the answer for that?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

And another MC I was stuck on, self esteem of the chronically ill... I don't remember which one I picked. What was the answer for that?
I think it was flexible work patterns, but now that I think of it I think it was wrong, because they're ill...fuck that exam was sooo stupid!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

Did anyone manage to take another copy of the exam paper? I wana see it again.

waterlml

HSC

taking roles and responsibilities at home < something like that

was in my trial.

waterlml

HSC

I wouldnt worry too much babe. Because you have used 3 examples, and 7 work patterns - clearly showing your understanding. Look, that question was fucked. I used death, birth and used examples like the transition from high to uni and used only 3 work patterns in depth. The markers will know that that question was VERYYY poor, and down right stupid because my entire class did not know what to write.
i actually think the individual and work questions were fine,, i used divorce, death, new born baby, and total of 4 work patterns. is that alright??

hungry

HSC

taking roles and responsibilities at home < something like that

was in my trial.
ah I think I picked that one.. or was about to pick it..
what did you pick for the appendices one I mentioned earlier?

waterlml

HSC

ah I think I picked that one.. or was about to pick it..
what did you pick for the appendices one I mentioned earlier?
what's that one about? can't remember

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

i actually think the individual and work questions were fine,, i used divorce, death, new born baby, and total of 4 work patterns. is that alright??
Should be fine. I'm going to talk to my teacher about it, and see what she thinks.

epic nerd

HSC
N/A

I got stuck on the one where it asks the positive implications of a male social parent and impacts on the male and his children? Like what?
Everything else was pretty easy except for the Indulgent parenting style?! My text book said permissive and I had no idea what indulgent was. Luckily the multiple choice had a question and all the parenting styles listed so I was able to figure it out :D

epic nerd

HSC
N/A

The amount of 8 marker questions was ridiculous though.

hungry

HSC

what's that one about? can't remember
the MC that asked about what to put in the appendices, I was stuck between the article option and the written responses option

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: cafs

Okay. I fucked like 2 MC, the male Q, and apparently the report writing one. The Q's were poorly worded tho...you??

Ayesssha

HSC

Some questions were sooo confusing and in multiple choice with a few I thought either could've been right but overall, I think I did alright :)

idkthis

HSC

omg wtf was that male question -.-
and idk i think i did mehhh not too good though

idkthis

HSC

Some questions were sooo confusing and in multiple choice with a few I thought either could've been right but overall, I think I did alright :)
SAMEEEE ! yeah mc was abit confusing though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)