General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

YoungToby182

HSC
Yeah it was a good paper. But personally i woult boher going to see a teacher about it now. The second that clock hits time up, theres not a thing you can do. So forget it and focus on the next exam.

Wasnt too hard tho really. I just suggested a few ways of fiding out what that membrain on the insect actually did, and whether it played a role in hearing or voice ect. Or not.

DeedyDeed

HSC
Re: how did you go?

Azurie said:
I didn't get the phloem question, the rest I understood,overall was decent paper, what did you guys say about the red blood slide? accurate or not? and what did you guys get for the multiplce choice? Question 6 confused me for a bit,l
The blood slide was inaccurate.
The white blood cells were too big, the scale was wrong and i've never seen platelets on a slide before.

Kaeze

Uber Monkey
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i finished about an hour early (and don't take this as a sign that i failed, i always finish early in bio, and i answered every question thoroughly) as did a couple of friends and a few guys from the school we share a hall with.

what about you guys?
:O THANK GOD..

i finished an hour early too...but looking back i could have always checked my work more thoroughly...

tulZzz

HSC
BIO WAS THE BOMB....except the genetics elective part AND the 8 marker question on donated blood i mean what was that?

Dalos

HSC

DeedyDeed said:
The white blood cells were too big, the scale was wrong and i've never seen platelets on a slide before.
Aren't white blood cells bigger than red blood cells? This is what i was taught anyway, and if this is the case the white blood cells were too small in comparison to the red blood cells, not too big...

Zippora

HSC

DeedyDeed said:
the red blood cells were too big/white blood cells were too small

freelunchbrian

HSC

axlenatore said:
6 and 8 were the discriminators in my opinion, they were the difference between the top and just high marks
somehow i put D for q6
cos ectotherms do have adaptations to maintain a relative constant internal evironment: eg some lizards become brighter to reflect heat~ so they would be cooler than the cage?? im not too sure abt this though.

janna08

HSC
this exam was soooo different to all the other past bio exams, but it was ok...apart from my elective which i bullshitted my way through...

Jess =)

Pirate Queen of Awsomness
HSC
i think everyhting went ok except for the option topic. stupid genetics. weird question. who else did genetics: code broken?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i think it was just too focused on maintaining a balance.

BrookSteven

HSC

DeedyDeed said:
The sizes of white blood cells and red blood cells were reversed. I knew the sizes of each, but I forgot which one was which, so I assumed they were correct. I had no idea what size a platelet was. But did you not notice the scale was 1 cm = 1mm, not 1 micrometer?

rnewlands

HSC
j.cooper said:
I thought the communication bit was awesome...
AGREED...i thought it was the easiest part of the paper(disregarding multiple choice) although the tympanic membrane question did throw me off at first but i think i managed to get there in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)