General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Our teacher went through the multiple choice in class today for history. Got 20/20, kind of surprised since I half-guessed 3 (was down to 2 options, wasn't sure as to which one was right).

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe that Transport is another point of the syllabus so it wouldn't be considered entertainment more lifestyle
I asked my history teacher and he said the car and the television are both suitable for the question.
Car = could go on more holidays, could go on roadtrips (before you couldn't because no car), could visit more places in one day, could visit places regularly and families could go out more often, you could listen to your music on the car....

Lina3

HSC
I agree the car would be appropriate BUT don't forget that the car got popular during the 20's while the television came into Australia during the 50's. Therefore the television would be more relevant to the post-war period which is specified in the question.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree the car would be appropriate BUT don't forget that the car got popular during the 20's while the television came into Australia during the 50's. Therefore the television would be more relevant to the post-war period which is specified in the question.
The first Holden Car was promoted during the 1950s and was popular among the affluent society of Australia.

Lina3

HSC
The first Holden Car was promoted during the 1950s and was popular among the affluent society of Australia.
In a way I disagree. The Holden WAS promoted in the 1950's, however in the 20's the motor car itself was mass produced for the first time. Also, both in the 20's and the 50's, middle-class people could afford to buy a motor car because of the booming economy. Well...that's what it says in the textbook.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
In a way I disagree. The Holden WAS promoted in the 1950's, however in the 20's the motor car itself was mass produced for the first time. Also, both in the 20's and the 50's, middle-class people could afford to buy a motor car because of the booming economy. Well...that's what it says in the textbook.
What you said is somewhat true but I don't think the markers will limit you to only the television, the car would still be an option...
Like I said, my history teacher even stated that the markers would definitely accept the car....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)