General Thoughts: Ancient History 2005 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your opinon on the entire paper?

Was it a fair exam that tested your knowledge effectively?

KoeN

Yeah, Dennis here (on KoeN's account.)

I thought it was fairly difficult- hard to understand and bloody specific in some parts. I kind of left early. i've got IPT to prepare for this afternoon!

F***ing exams....

rissa_101

Yeah i thought it was okay. The Period question for me was kind of gay but overall should scrub up ok....you never know tho hey!

HSC
Hey i thought it was fairly easy, covered most of it. Did alexander for personality, questions for him were fairly straighforward and easy to write about. For short society i did sparta and questions were really easy. Historical period i did New Kingdom Egypt - Amenhotep III to Ramesses II and it was basically the same question as my trial exam so i just wrote same stuff plus a heap more coz i looked over it b4 test. Finally for additional period/society i did Rome from Augustus to Titus. This one was a bit tricky but i think i did fairly well on it. Was gonna do sparta and roms round the other way coz sparta essay on women woulda been easy but a couple of the rims short answer ones stumped me coz im not that great on rome and didnt study on it as much as i should have

positive

HSC
KoeN said:
Yeah, Dennis here (on KoeN's account.)

I thought it was fairly difficult- hard to understand and bloody specific in some parts. I kind of left early. i've got IPT to prepare for this afternoon!

F***ing exams....

lol I have IPT too ... bah we got handicapped.

HSC
hey i had VET IT after english on the first day of exams lol, 2 tests in a day isnt hard, i studied 4 IT inb the break between tests lol, although IPT is a bit harder than IT though i imagine. I used to do IPT coz Software didnt run but there was 20 in IPT originally then heaps dropped out then everyone except one wanted to do software so we complained and then we got to do software but the other one bloke is still doin IPT in the same class at the same time, weird but works, although i think he's a bit disadvantaged as he gets less time spent on IPT with him, he's mainly workin by himself all the time

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
i thought it was a really sound exam... it wasn't 'easy' in the sense of the word but rather it was effective at challenging you and allowing you to demonstrate what you knew about ur chosen area. i thought it was really good because the questions were not a give away, you actually had to think about what you were answering and answer specifically not generally.
Good exam... i am happy :) i'm a fan of ancient history though... i didn't want to stop writing!!

chonga

rOx your sOx baby
HSC
broken hands

positive said:
Yeah ... too bad Im wasting my study time posting here on a forum >_>
My hand is dead from ancient history, it's RSI!
hhaha i know exactly how you feel. my hand went numb and then i got pins and needles mid exam *sigh* s'all good though..i've finally got the feeling back in my hand. i thought 3hr maths was torture 3hours of non stop writing is DEFINATELY child abusee!!!!

overall the test was good though. im happy..but i must admit im gonna miss ancient =( it was my favourite subject

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The last in a series of lame, dry papers in what has been a lame, dry syllabus. Not that it matters to us now, but I hope next year's new syllabus is a lot better.

Kirika

HSC
yeah i know about the hand writing... my fingers were so sore i caould hardly hold the steering wheel on the way home... and the road was being graded so i had to dodge big yellow machines the whoel way home :( but anyway on a more positive note the exam is over! didnt like (c) on the Agrippina q, or the bit about saqqara in OKE, LOVED sparta coz women was my q in the trail. but couldnt remember anything about Draco except the wriitten in blood thing so made alot up there... overall, harder than my trial but not impossible.

HSC
MeLT87 said:
i thought it was a really sound exam... it wasn't 'easy' in the sense of the word but rather it was effective at challenging you and allowing you to demonstrate what you knew about ur chosen area. i thought it was really good because the questions were not a give away, you actually had to think about what you were answering and answer specifically not generally.
Good exam... i am happy :) i'm a fan of ancient history though... i didn't want to stop writing!!
Are you mad? u didnt want to stop writing? geez i dont see how its physically possible to keep writing lol, i had to take 5 minute breaks after each section just so my hand could recover lol

gosh

i thought it was a reasonable test, wasnt too challenging and was quite straightforward. though i i didnt write much, i think i put in a fair effort considering ive been cramming for the past few days

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
wow that paper was so incredibly straight forward. they didnt ask anything out of the ordinairy.

Leesa Moochie

i thought it was okay...so pleased my 2 essay qs were in different sections ! not so happy with personality section...and the time period was okay
but i was sitting before my exam trying 2 work out why i had 5 booklets instead of 4 lol

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
blackfriday said:
wow that paper was so incredibly straight forward. they didnt ask anything out of the ordinairy.
They're not allowed to. The syllabus dotpoints were a definative list of exam questions; if you compare the questions from 01 to 05 to the syllabus you'll see they're word for word taken out of the dotpoints, with a question mark stuck on the end.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
crippled_kungfu said:
Are you mad? u didnt want to stop writing? geez i dont see how its physically possible to keep writing lol, i had to take 5 minute breaks after each section just so my hand could recover lol
lol yea i probably am mad, thats not to say my hand wasn't sore, my fingers are still a nice tinge of blue/purple!!! i just really like ancient and i find in exams that i know so much that i just have to get it out or i feel like i havnt done enough. it sounds insane doesnt it lol.. oh well.. i wrote about 30 pages plus the short answers in which i started at one edge of the page and wrote to the other and then above and below the lines and anywhere i could fit it!
i have a few friends who have 4 theory based writing exams this week, imagine how their hands would feel and you dont feel so bad!
im guna go give my thumb a workout!

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i was so stressed before i went into the exam but then i got the paper and it was such a relief.. i loved the questions, it was everything i thought would be in the exam... it thought the exam was fairly simple.. im so happy! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)