Gendered Language! (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Ok, Ok. I know there's not many of us, but what did you think of our questions?

My opinion: i loved the essay question. basically the words from that could be used as synonyms for the words we use normally. It supported conflation which is what i emphaise is more beneficial.

The story: well i thought the picture would have been more suitable for a crime fiction story compared to the one they got given, but i liked ours and all it required me to do was change a woman character i had in a prepared story into a man ( i made him a subversion rather than a reflection so that way he used the same language as the woman would have anyway)

All in all, pretty happy and i pity yr 12 2006 because we had the easiest english papers ever imo. :)

_Benji_

HSC
Lol!

....wasn't that just THE SHITTEST PAPER I HAVE EVER SEEN?!!!

creative was fine....essay.....my god....that was awful.
so pissed off.....was just one big mess....damn... ee1 is one i can usually do!! :'(

oh well....no more tannen!! yay XD

yes the pics were all weird....all the english teachers were like "wtf"?!

was actually quite funny....there is a school that shares our exam centre/hall and we found out that they did gen lang too!! weird....2 closest schools and we never knew.

and halfway through, there's this psych teacher at our school and he was right outside the open door yelling at his class to get away from the hall....we heard the entire rant "i'll keep you in at recess!!!!" was like "shut the f** up dude, we cant hear them, only you screaming!!"..... retard....

the new guy

HSC
dont lie it was way hard

That was the bloody hardest Gendered language questions i have ever done, far out what a mission lol. seriously the pic for question nine was SOOO obscure, had absolutely bugger all to do with gendered language...i think the board of studies ppl just got bored and that pic was their complete surender to their lack of creativity.

lol and the essay!... at my school (mullum yew) we did gendered language in relation to power. i.e how gender used language to gain and maintain power in conversation and in relationships. thats whay elizabeth and all them were such good texts. Then they bust out with "culture and values". WTF lol i spent about half an hour thinking about how i could rearrange my old essays. O well i hope i did ok perty confident...well not really but not to bad.

kristabelle

there has to be more people that do gendered language...
yeh i agree, essay was pretty good, could just change and modify the words to the ones i usually use. i usually struggle when quotes are given, but today's was fine.
creative was a little questionable...my story was alright, not sure how related it is to the picture though...depends how they take the word "significant"...i think it could have been a much better stimulus, but overall i was pretty happy...nothing too stressful or scary...but i'm so over gendered language now...

HSC
OMG! Replies!

lol and the essay!... at my school (mullum yew) we did gendered language in relation to power. i.e how gender used language to gain and maintain power in conversation and in relationships. thats whay elizabeth and all them were such good texts. Then they bust out with "culture and values". WTF lol i spent about half an hour thinking about how i could rearrange my old essays. O well i hope i did ok perty confident...well not really but not to bad.
Well the culture was patriarchal (in the case of elizabeth) and since she was a queen she was expected to show power. thus, this was fulfilled by adopting masculine genderlect into her speech

nvm, it's all over now!

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
Liked the essay, you're right highwayman, it was basically just a generic. Crapped up the creative writing though. Just had a mind block. But yeah it was much, much better than I'd ever imagined it to be. I was freaking that I hadn't prepared enough, but it was quite managable :)

On a slightly unrealted note, I had nothing to do this afternoon, as i only have drama left on the last day, so I personally reproduced that famously ugly cover and re designed Tannens marketing angle, to the below result

I'll change the caption when i think of somehting wittier :p

Last edited:
HSC
whitneyfaith said:
Liked the essay, you're right highwayman, it was basically just a generic. Crapped up the creative writing though. Just had a mind block. But yeah it was much, much better than I'd ever imagined it to be. I was freaking that I hadn't prepared enough, but it was quite managable :)

On a slightly unrealted note, I had nothing to do this afternoon, as i only have drama left on the last day, so I personally reproduced that famously ugly cover and re designed Tannens marketing angle, to the below result

I'll change the caption when i think of somehting wittier :p
AHAHAHA, good job. Lets tear that woman down!!!

(OMG! this thread now has an "Important" tag! My first important thread ever! :D)

sexo9800

A place far from Sydney, but soon, Surry Hills!
HSC
lol. i love the book cover. damn that bored old woman, damn her!
what in God's name was that stimulus crap? i was looking at all of them and my god those fogies in the BOS boardroom were bored. they obviously got a little tipsy on their earl grey and put some rando pictures in. lol. i pretty just totally disregarded it, witrh only a slight appropiation to it in the end. felt good though. finally got my hands on the infamous STRING! it was an interestring course, but thank God it's over. i think thers only 200 or so of us, hmmm. I wonder what the Cohort is for the language of sport? LOL! :)

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
sexo9800 said:
finally got my hands on the infamous STRING!
Me too!!!! I was happy, but also with very little time , i had my hand up as i was writing the last line of the first one, the supervisor put it down as i finished the last word, opened up the cover and continued writing! The girl next to me actually laughed at how frantic i was!

erbepa

HSC
Yeah the essay wasn't too stressful but I wasted a bit of time thinking "WHAT THE HELL DO I WRITE ABOUT THIS PICTURE?!" Personally, I thought the picture was stupid. But hopefully I integrated it well into my creative...Oh well--I finished on Nov.1 so I'm happy:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)