Frontline (1 Viewer)

ane_st

HSC
Pretty simple question...

This module is like the easiest one... But yea pretty simple to grasp..

sophieadele

HSC
passion89 said:
I didn't really like this question - it was my worst one.
i totally agree. that was the most ridiculous question i have ever read on an english hsc paper. practically none of my quotes had any relevence and i found it very difficult to incorporate them. hated the question...it was stupid!

scragmeister

HSC
i thought it was really open ended, very open to interpretation. As long as you had an argument which related to the rubric and supported it with evidence, quotes and techniques it should've been fine. I found this module far easier than B.

my texts: fronline (focussing on the siege & smaller fish to fry), the crucible (arthur miller), love's little lies (SMH 2006)

ie. the perspectives on truth in the texts i studied convinced me that 'truth' is manipulated, sensationalised and exaggerated for personal interest.

alcologic

HSC
OMG! This was probably the easiest question out of all the ones i had!

I'm thinking i did well... i didn't manage to finish it, cause i ended up juggling between all my essays to make a substantial contribution to all.... but i put down my essay plan.

oo, and my quotes worked so well, and my prepared essay was spot on for the question... so i'm not complaining! :p

Cabrello

HSC
scragmeister said:
i thought it was really open ended, very open to interpretation. As long as you had an argument which related to the rubric and supported it with evidence, quotes and techniques it should've been fine. I found this module far easier than B.

my texts: fronline (focussing on the siege & smaller fish to fry), the crucible (arthur miller), love's little lies (SMH 2006)

ie. the perspectives on truth in the texts i studied convinced me that 'truth' is manipulated, sensationalised and exaggerated for personal interest.

I wouldn't takeanything I say as law, mostly cozI don't trust my teacher, but she says the syllabus support guide says that you're supposed to use media texts talking about media's representations of truth and then look at their agenda and how they do it. I don't know what love's little lies is, but that's probably good. I'm not sure about the crucible though...and as I say I wouldn't trust what I say

licia101

HSC
the question was easy but I realised afterwards that I didn't answer it. I didn't mention the significance to human experience once!!! I went really well in trials but I can't expect a good mark now!

Want to kick myself!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think I did alright, I attempted to make reference to the question throughout my response, glad it was not not another text type. :D

C@mM!

HSC
hmmm, my argument flowed that the human experience is more relative to the entertaining truth than the actual truth flowed well with the question (believe it or not, my texts were multiple choice when i walked in, lol - damn i do not study, lol).

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Cabrello said:
but she says the syllabus support guide says that you're supposed to use media texts talking about media's representations of truth and then look at their agenda and how they do it.
yeah im pretty sure that isn't right, i used a shakespearean sonnet and fort minor "cigarettes" and neither of them deal with the media directly. And so far ive gotten 14/15 on the initial assessment and 19/20 in trials for it. If your text dealt with misrepresentation of the truth they should be fine.

karoooh

HSC
Agree.

The texts do not have to be directly linked to media. I can be anything that has the aspect of the manipulation of the truth.

stephabi

HSC
BAH! A pox on this question!
Significance of truth in human experiences?
Eh?
They may as well have said "importance to the... hey look, a pony!"

It would have had as much sense.

This verbose and convoluted wording did not make sense! How can there POSSIBLY be different perspectives on the significance of truth? Either it’s significant or it’s not. You can’t embrace both. The question also displayed a total disregard to the themes and issues studied. I can only think that what was being asked related more to the other texts which it came under.

I noted that I would have been able to accept and incorporate this so-called “quote” (more like random collection of words) had the question ended in;
"discuss in relation to blah blah blah".
But because it finished with
"were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?"
it cornered the student into focusing mainly on that component, which causeing an abandoning of the major issues.

Nice one Board Of Studies. Your poor wording has again been displayed in a public arena. Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that these people are writing the ENGLISH papers?

In fact I could go a step further by noting that because the board of studies is not
"organising, developing and expressing ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form"
they have, in effect, failed English.

Ah! The hypocrisy!

jon0_o

HSC
yeah i agree Telling the Truth is supposed to be the (conceptually anyway) most simplistic module in terms of ideas. The whole thing is about 'telling' the truth and about the techniques used to misrepresent it. but this question was too philosophical about the whole significance of the truth in human experience, it doesn't say anything about the actualy 'truth' in the syllabus.

jon0_o

HSC
also from the syllabus
Each elective in this module requires the study of one prescribed text offering a representation of an event, personality or situation. Students are also required to supplement this study with texts of their own choosing which provide a variety of representations of that event, personality of situation
it's an event, personality or situation which means if you're doing Frontline your personality is 'the media' which means your related texts strictly speaking by the syllabus should be talking about the media, although you can get away with non-media texts if you can related it back to Frontline but I think it still has to be of an "event, personality or situation"

sam l

HSC
couldn't have put it better my self.

anyone who brags that they aced those questions have got to be joking. either that or they're gonna get 99-100 UAI. Beware of those who come out saying an exam was easy, it probably wasn't and they're just saying that ... my teacher always tells us it's not a good sign believe it or not.

If u look at the question and think, oh it's easy, u probably underestimate it. And if u look at it and comletely break down, be comforted with the fact that the majority of the state is doing the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)