French Extension (1 Viewer)

JuliaGulia07

HSC
how did everyone find it? anyone here do "Au revoir les enfants"? personally i don't think it was that bad. that's probably 'cause our teacher scared the crap out of us and gave us the hardest questions she could find!
IT'S OVER! no more french!! :)

bushyalfred1

HSC
yeah we did au revoir les enfants too!
i thought it was alright, the first section had a few crazy questions in it, which seemed a bit irrelevant to the study, it was just a lot of crap we hadn't ever considered. but over all i think it went well. The essay question about the problems in the world was a gift! only problem was there was too much to write! The empathy task was alright, good and broad so you could write just about anything.
Our teacher had freaked us out too with the trial paper from hell, so after that we all feel pretty good about this paper.
Who did the problems in the world question? if so, what did u write about? that was another broad question that u could crap on about just about anything.
anyway ITS OVER, hsc is in the past...woooooooooot

LaurenHarvey

HSC
I thought it was a bit different to usual. I did Marius and Jeannette and some of the questions in the film analysis were quite different to normal, the whole thing about political views representing the themes? yuck :S but in the end nevertheless doable although that certaintly did limit the scope of analysis. I thought the task on writing the article of Magali was quite interesting, wish I had considered it before! And the essay question was lots of fun. I did question 6 the world one and I conceeded that yes we should worry about global warming but there are other things more pertinent to us right now socially such as drugs, technology and racism that need to be solved
Overall, I found it more challenging than usual, not the normal basic stuff but I guess that's what you've got to expect after 6, 7 years of it being studied. In my opinion certaintly the most interesting HSC paper to date in regards to the film! What did everyone else think?

loveforever

HSC
I do Marius and Jeannette.
I agree, some of the questions in the first section were so random! I was like "Whaaa...?" when I saw the question on how women were portrayed in the film. So I just made something up on the spot. :)
Did anyone else think the extract was a bit long? I guess it was good though because you had more to write about.
Overall, I thought the exam was okay. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it was fine.
I'm the only one at my school who does extension, and I had to do the exam in the hall! It was quite weird. But luckily one girl was doing IT, so I wasn't completely by myself. Still it was odd. But my supervisor was so nice! She said I could start writing whenever I wanted to. I was suprised because in my other exams they'd been really strict about reading time.

Harry Bannister

HSC
Hey yeah I had the same thing: French extension exam all by myself and an IT guy. I did Marius and Jeannette and I thought it was good. For the political statement thing, i just said how often the political statements made by certain characters often broought the issue of belonging versus alienation to the fore. For example, "ils ont jete l'enfant avec l'eau du bain" highlights Caroline's political convictions and we are reminded how she is alienated due to her communist ideals. And yes I spoke about the scene and i agree that it wass long.
Oh well, ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elation brothered by sudden purposelessness...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)