for those who screwed it! (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
OMG people, stop worrying. When i did 4u paper last year.... i only answered 49/120 marks and ended up 79 HSC mark. The scaling in 4u is insane!

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Luthien said:
The paper isn't meant to be completed, so don't complain about not getting onto Q 7 or 8, my teacher encouraged us to go in with the perspective to just get through as much as we could and my aim was to complete the first 6 questions and then see if i could scab any marks from 7 and 8, well i would have gotten about 2 marks in total for those two questions and i missed a big chunk of 6 and some of 5, so in those people claiming they will get over 100 i guess i stuffed up big, but its over and i'm glad, relived and will stop thinking about it!

don't dwell on it focus on ext 1 and other exams and remember nobody will care about the HSC or what UAI you get next year.
hey u want to do the same course as me!

redd

HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:
OMG people, stop worrying. When i did 4u paper last year.... i only answered 49/120 marks and ended up 79 HSC mark.

nah your just saying that to make us feel better =p

redd

HSC
N/A
hmm then was your assesment mark heeps high then ?

what was your exam mark?

jarro_2783

HSC
I reckon I'll get about 50% if I'm lucky. I have 12 units however, and I'm killing the rest of my subjects, so I guess this one will probably end up not counting.

lincolnbaker

i screwed it.

I believe him man, 4unit scales to te bitch, lets hope it scales even higher this year!!!

yook

HSC
i think i got about 55/120
:( i dotn think it will make it aligned to 80..

thomdale

35 degrees 4 mins south, 150 degrees 40 mins east,
HSC
N/A
hmm ya ppl complaining about 70+, dude i think 57/120 raw.. maybe! i didnt do that much during the year but i really put in the last 3 weeks..pity. anyway guys the real advantage of ext 2 is that ext 1 is double contribution to uai. twice the good marks ;-) good luck in it, im aiming for 80-85% see how i go..wait i should be studing..later!

stv_87

HSC
for all those who did get 70 + in this exam im pretty sure u r all at the wrong site, i mean you would need to be pretty enthusiastic about your study to get such a solid mark that will get u well into the 90's. got maximum 3 or 4 out of the last 45 marks but im proud cause the three i did get, was a single part of the satellite question i had never understood or answered correctly until late sunday arvo, so that makes me feel good. thats what matters.

ps. be ready for a formula based 3unit exam that will be all about regurgatation of stuff, since the 4u was non-calculator and totally based on working things out on your feet rather than coming in with specific answers.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I did maths ext 2 last year... I didnt do any of question 7, 2 marks in question 8, only got half of question 5 and missed bits and pieces everywhere else... I came out thinking I'd screwed up so much, i figured maximum mark if i got everything possible and they gave me some marks for working that i didnt get out was less than 80/120, and because i was the only one doing it in my school it was all based on the exam... i ended up with a mark of 90, so have some hope!

nathanta

darta
HSC
chooette said:
I did maths ext 2 last year... I didnt do any of question 7, 2 marks in question 8, only got half of question 5 and missed bits and pieces everywhere else... I came out thinking I'd screwed up so much, i figured maximum mark if i got everything possible and they gave me some marks for working that i didnt get out was less than 80/120, and because i was the only one doing it in my school it was all based on the exam... i ended up with a mark of 90, so have some hope!

what are you on about?
if you got a mark of less than 80/100, say 70ish or somewhere around there and you only ended up with a scaled mark of 90, then what hope is there for us who got a raw mark of <60?

Dm31

HSC
woot some hope!

i only DID about half the paper so the max i can get is like 50... hopefully that jumps me to 80 or so =).

Didn't realise it scaled so high until recently - after the exam i felt so depressed - but now its all good =D

Kiev

HSC
N/A
Now see...I'd be a bit jittery if all it had been was a very very very hard test - that's reasonable and the scaling will reflect it. But what's ultra annoying is when you study like crazy to get yourself up from the trial - achieve it and the forget to do half of a question in the exam ... like the DOABLE first half of question four (like 11 marks worth). if that hadn't happened, i wouldn't be here dwelling on it - still shouldn't probably. its just so disappointing and there's nothing I can do about it. Shows you how one exam can make a whole year's worth of work and anguish seem fruitless.

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
Hey i was in hear earlier and was all depressed coz the forum was dominated by the opportunitic +-5 115/120 people. Very comforting to see you guys here, coz my experience was probably much the same.... Keep it real guys keep it strong, and congradulations for not being sellouts and dropping out! whatever we get, we made it and we can say we did 4u!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)