For all you movie buffs (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Hi, i'm doing my assesment on Gendered language at the moment but i need some help;

What i need is the names of movies, recent, old, only out a week, etc that invovle conflict b/w men and women. I know basically nearly every movie has somthing of this nature but what i'm looking for in specific is interuptions ummm

The perfect example would be somthing like at a party and u've got groups of male and females talking and looking at how the males will interupt females while talking...

The only problem is i can't think of any movies which have somthing of this nature in it. So if anyone has any movie which they thinks exhibits something like this would you please post it for me. (if you could remember the scene would u be able to give a brief description so i can find it)

Thank you heaps

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
What i need is the names of movies, recent, old, only out a week, etc that invovle conflict b/w men and women. I know basically nearly every movie has somthing of this nature but what i'm looking for in specific is interuptions ummm

The perfect example would be somthing like at a party and u've got groups of male and females talking and looking at how the males will interupt females while talking...
As you suggest, it's a v. broad question. An interesting analysis of American Pie could be done - it's a heavily male oriented film. Look at Film Noir - male protagonist, females are usually stupid & hysterical. Bond - Goldfinger "Run along, man talk" [Slaps her bum]. All I can think of are mysogynistic examples - what does that say about me?

Woody Allen films, particularly from the 70s - Annie Hall, Love and Peace, Manhattan? More ambuguous films in terms of gender balance?

Another example im thinking of which is a bit off the wall is the Austronaut's Wife, with Johnny Depp. A bit schlocky but with some interesting themes of male/female dominance in it.

If i think of more i will post. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)