Finding Neverland and Big fish -> Imaginative Journey- Urgent (1 Viewer)

mitch_17

HSC
Hi all!

I have been given an in class essay to write, the question is " The Journey leads to greater understanding " Discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways. make reference to texts.

I have chosen " The rhyme of the ancient mariner" , "THis Lime tree Bower My prison" , " A town where time stands stilll", "Big Fish" and "Finding Neverland".

Can anyone offer some advice on how to relate Finding Neverland and Big Fish to an Imaginative Journey taking into consideration the question?

My Thesis icludes:
-Imaginative journey (definition) Takes us from reality now and transfers us into unreal existances and different worlds that not only entertain but help us learn more about the world and explore humanity and society.
- Journey is a search for meaning and purpose -> search for something greater.
- the result is a transformation of self or society for ever and for the better.

^ any advice to improve my thesis

I know this is a big ask but any advice is appreciated.

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Mitch.

jewelstar88

HSC
Hi mitch, i have the exact same essay which i'm s'posed to do tomorrow... my related texts are different but we seem to have chosen the same Coleridge poems, and the BOS text, hopefully that is an indivcation that we're both on the right track... i am kinda unfamiliar with with both of your related texts, i've only seen finding neverland onece (good idea by the way) and have not seen big fish, so i am probably no of much use to you. However, regarding finding neverland, the imaginative journey is obvious, in that he went through writing the poem and whatever, and for the greater understanding, i think the best scene to concentrate on would be the one where johnny Depp is taking Kate Winslet with him on the imaginative journey where she finally UNDERSTANDS what imaginatiion and stuff is all about ( sorry for being so general, i think i need to refresh my memory witht he movie, but hopefully you know it well enough to fill the blanks) and as a result, her life (or self) is tranformed from the better- thus supporting your thesis.

P.S sorry this information is not that great and isn't really that helpful, but it is passing time while i procrastinate preparing for my own essay!

dragon eyes

HSC
Hi mitch,

the question is pretty tough but your texts are really good. i've only seen finding neverland, but i think that you can relate it to your essay and thesis by saying that the creation and journey to neverland is dominant. Mr Barry's inspiration is the children he spends time with and their family. i think what you could say to back it it up os to say that neverland creates a journey by using the imagination to envoke whatever you want. Like when the lady dies in the end she goes to neverland. her understanding of it is a better world and she can rest easily. it also refects back to reality by how it affects the characters, especially the children. the real sad one learns to appreciate life by understanding the concept of neverland being something drawn from the imagination.

i know that it's a bit mixed up, but i hope it helps. Bye, monica.

canisay_Elvis

Elvisite
HSC
N/A
hey there

Hey Mitch!!

I just discovered this thread and noticed u did finding neverland. I've just been set pretty much the same essay on the imaginative journey and chose finding neverland as one of my texts. just wanted to know how you ended up approaching the finding neverland part of your essay and if you had any pointers!

any help is HUGELY appreciated;)

thanx so much

Rosie:)

PayalK

HSC
I would like to infrom you that your right with your choices, thought big fish is i reckon the best you have chosen, Big fish is an extremly depthening pice of work with alot of good techquies chosen to convey the imaginative journey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)