Finance/Self-Improvement book recommendations? (2 Viewers)

Kolmias

HSC
The Communist Manifesto is a good one. It shows you how to manage your finances in a really effective way.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Any recommendations?

I'm primarily looking for books on self-development in general (but especially regarding finance, real estate, investment - making money basically ahah)

That being said, any book(preferably non-fiction) that about anything that is life changing-level worth reading and learning is also good i.e. psychology, philosophy, history, mathematics, science, poker, chess, magic tricks, hell car maintenance like legit anything that's at a crazy level of worth readingness in your opinion.

Keep in mind I'm not really looking for books for pure enjoyment - I have plenty of those already :) there kinda has to be some functional benefit I would gain (i.e. knowledge)
This is mostly to foster personal growth and expand my world view tbh, and I'm sure there are people here who could recommend some things

Anyways, much appreciated
"think and grow rich"

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Follow the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/. An excerpt from their sidebar.

FI/RE is about:
Discovering and achieving life goals: “What would I do with my life if I didn't have to work for money?"
Simplifying and redesigning your lifestyle to reduce spending. Your wants and needs aren't written in stone, and less spending is powerful at any income level.
Working to increase your income and income streams with projects, side-gigs, and additional effort
Striving to save a large percentage (generally more than 50%) of your income to accelerate achieving FI
Investing to make your money work for you, and learning to manage/optimize those investments for the unique nature of FI/RE
Retiring Early

It is a very interesting Subreddit with tons of questions and examples about what you were talking about, investments and maximizing income streams. However, there is some emphasis on frugality and contentment, allowing one to save more and thus retire earlier. R/personalfinance is also good if you filter posts by "investing" or "Housing" (for your question about real estate).

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
"think and grow rich"
Read it already, but thanks :)

Follow the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/. An excerpt from their sidebar.

FI/RE is about:
Discovering and achieving life goals: “What would I do with my life if I didn't have to work for money?"
Simplifying and redesigning your lifestyle to reduce spending. Your wants and needs aren't written in stone, and less spending is powerful at any income level.
Working to increase your income and income streams with projects, side-gigs, and additional effort
Striving to save a large percentage (generally more than 50%) of your income to accelerate achieving FI
Investing to make your money work for you, and learning to manage/optimize those investments for the unique nature of FI/RE
Retiring Early

It is a very interesting Subreddit with tons of questions and examples about what you were talking about, investments and maximizing income streams. However, there is some emphasis on frugality and contentment, allowing one to save more and thus retire earlier. R/personalfinance is also good if you filter posts by "investing" or "Housing" (for your question about real estate).

Hope this helps
I lurk both of those subs already :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)