Feedback Mechanism Question (1 Viewer)

am0ora

HSC
Does anyone remember that question about the people at a room and their body temperatures were measured? there was a question after the independant and dependant variables that asked what system controls body temp are something along those lines. What did people put for that? I had no idea

sam5

HSC
Does anyone remember that question about the people at a room and their body temperatures were measured? there was a question after the independant and dependant variables that asked what system controls body temp are something along those lines. What did people put for that? I had no idea
inderpendent variable was the temp of the room.

Dependent variable was the temp of the people, and their increasing adaptations to the heat (sweat, heart rate, breathing rate).

am0ora

HSC
no the question after that dude, after that and before the draw a diagram question
it asked what system something something.. dnt tell me i was imagining things!! not even my own boyfriend knows what im talking about

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
oh, i know the one, it asked about what organ system was responsible for temperature control.
I said the brain specifically the hypothalamus, but to cover my ass i also said thermorecptors within the skin we're also part. But i'm sure the mentioning of the brain and senses and hypothalamus would get the marks.

am0ora

HSC
oh, i know the one, it asked about what organ system was responsible for temperature control.
I said the brain specifically the hypothalamus, but to cover my ass i also said thermorecptors within the skin we're also part. But i'm sure the mentioning of the brain and senses and hypothalamus would get the marks.
yeah that one it was so annoying i finishd my whole paper and went back to it for lyk 15mins... I think instead of system it was meant to say mechanism, coz then you could say feedback mechanism.. oh well lol. my answer was this...
"the people started sweating and an increase in heart rate occured, so im guessing the cardiovascular system? "

lol oh well maybe ill get marks for being funny :p:)

sam5

HSC
yep, but the question asked for a body system. I said the nervous system (brain, hypothalamus, thermoreceptors).

the feedback diagram, i had a circular diagram shwoing how different temps detected resulted in a change of body mechanisms. u can find them in textbooks.

am0ora

HSC
yep, but the question asked for a body system. I said the nervous system (brain, hypothalamus, thermoreceptors).

the feedback diagram, i had a circular diagram shwoing how different temps detected resulted in a change of body mechanisms. u can find them in textbooks.
yeah thats the one, stupid question, im glad its over

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Yeah, I said:

"Nervous system (central nervous system and peripheral nervous sytem)".

This question relates to the dot point about the role of the nervous system in maintaining homeostasis.

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
see i can't honestly remember what i wrote, cause i was feeling sick cause my blood sugar was low but meh, but i wrote to the bottom of that page to where it said copyright.... and i think i mentioned the CNS and PNS, but can;t remember fully.

chr1s1

HSC
I simply put Nervous system
then came back to it and listed CNS and PNS just to make sure

copeys

HSC
I put "homeostasis - hypothalamous"

Hopefully I get the mark :) lol

HSC
This is the feedback mechanism i drew, would this be correct? how many marks was the question :S

alisondance

HSC
homoestasis i said is what maintains the body temp (question before diagram after variable)

thermoreceptors and hypothalumus for detecting the change....???

imalda

HSC
the question asked for a system, and we only learn the cardiovascular, endocrine and nervous systems. the correct answer would be nervous system but just to be sure, i put "the nervous system, which consists of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system"

and the next question asked for a diagram to illustrate the experiment, so you had to be specific, like putting "Stimulus: rise in temperature in the room" rather than just "stimulus" it also meant you didnt have to draw both sides of the negative feedback loop but it wouldnt hurt if you did.

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
The question didn't specify that there was a drop in the room temperature, it jsut said it returned to the original temp. to begin with, therefore you do no need to draw both sides of the loop only had to draw when temperature of the room increased

bayan92

HSC
I think it was an identify so simply saying:

Nervous system

would get you the one mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)