FAQ-King Lear (1 Viewer)

malxsuma

HSC
The themes you listed are from another site...PLAGIARISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLAGIARISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocolatepie

another internet persona
HSC
oh my goodness
you dont know how much this has helped me!!
thank you so much!!!!

and hands up who thinks that King Lear is the most depressing play, next to Othello
*raises hand*

Dural... DO NOT CALL IT THE STICKS!! I DON'T OWN S
HSC
I need help with the 2006 question on Lear. We've been asked to answer it and I dont really have my own interpretation/understanding of the text yet.. My teacher says it's ok if we make a plan at least but if I dont have my own int of it how can I do it??
I'm trying really hard.. but have come up wit pretty much nothing...
King Lear is a depressing text.. yuck..
If anyone could help me, it'd be much appreciated!

revhead.meg

HSC
thanks so much guys! i did crap in transformation with emma/clueless and i think this is going to get me back on track!
looking for compensation thanks again =)

kegzy.smalls

HSC
hey guys does anyone have any nots regarding production techniques in eyres version compared to that wack and wierd brooks version?? much appreciated folks

tris911

HSC
yeh im with kegzy... im kinda stuck finding info bout the eyre version anyone got anything by any chance??

kolaman

HSC
can you guys post up king lear esssays. i really need some.

-coffee-addict-

HSC
hey..

this forum is reali helpful.. THANK YOU

ohh has anyone studied King Lear from a nihilistic or existentialist view point?

adamparker69

HSC
im doing nihilistic for my essay, but i have no idea wat im doing :(
brooks production is nihilistic right? does any1 have notes on it?

amina121

HSC
I'm confused though, since the amendment to the syllabus in 06, the actual role the interpretations play in King Lear..I mean, how would someone include interpretations in the 2007 Lear question?

fuhrious

HSC
N/A
soooo our teachers have been telling us all year to speak mainly about our PERSONAL INTERPRETATION of the original play, and to use productions to back up our interpretation and also to say how the productions have influenced our interpretation. However, now that i look at the syllabus it really emphasises the productions and contexts of these productions, as well as textual integrity and 'forms and features' but only briefly mentions personal interpretaion. Im interested to know whether other schools have been teaching the same thing, or whether youve been taught to focus on looking at the play in a more historical/ prodcutions and contexts type way as opposed to focusing on ur personal response to it.................????? oh and hsc is like 5 days... so g'luck studying and dont die.

snowconesyum

HSC
yeah our school has been pushing the personal reading side of things..
i think im doing nihilist, brooks but then i have only one production to talk about... do the questions ever ask for two?

HSC
snowconesyum said:
yeah our school has been pushing the personal reading side of things..
i think im doing nihilist, brooks but then i have only one production to talk about... do the questions ever ask for two?
our school did personal interpretations too, however no one even MENTIONED readings - i found out about it by reading threads on BoS. we did nothing on context (i can bullshit that, though), nothing on critics or historical productions...

anyway, i'd do two if i were you - i'm also doing nihilist (brooks), and aristotelian (i've seen a few - Olivier, Earl Jones, Miller)

liam9519

HSC
amina121 said:
I'm confused though, since the amendment to the syllabus in 06, the actual role the interpretations play in King Lear..I mean, how would someone include interpretations in the 2007 Lear question?
What was the amendment? I can't find it. But the 2007 question was highly worrying. The markers notes said the use of the word 'ultimately' implied over time and hence context which incorporates readings in a sense, but they were very explicit in saying that an understanding of the text must not be overshadowed by the use of readings..

Can you please link or post the amendment. I need to know soon if my essay plan that is quite heavily based on readings is gonna screw me over.

:giddy:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
haha well i'm screwed. our teachers told us not to worry about interpretations, and so didnt teach us shit. according to them (one of whom is a eng adv marker with bos), they want it to be a study of the text only, and so interpretations are unnecessary... like wtf.

liam9519

HSC
Fuck that! If we get some question asking about relationships or characterisation rather than how texts are read differently over time I'm going to be really cut :(

Edit: I'm going to call the advice line about this.

Last edited:
HSC
liam9519 said:
Fuck that! If we get some question asking about relationships or characterisation rather than how texts are read differently over time I'm going to be really cut :(
I'm totally the opposite... I'm totally screwed if it's texts over time...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
liam9519 said:

Edit: I'm going to call the advice line about this.
what did advice line say?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)