FAQ: Early Entry (1 Viewer)

HSC
I had an Engineering interview a few weeks back. Interviewers were really nice. I got a conditional offer for B Engineering/B Commerce for Atar above 75. Only got 61% in Maths trial so I assume that eff'd me up. Oh well.

hrtyoung

HSC
lol i got a rejection letter from commerce. I wasn't surprised, my maths was shocking. I really should have changed to general!
I think arts may take a while, there were sooooo many people applying!
Hey spaz, I think they dont release arts until december, (i dunno why?) you might want to check up on that though.

harryc

HSC
We'll definitely find out about arts sometime in the next week. It's creative arts that won't be released until December.

hrtyoung

HSC
We'll definitely find out about arts sometime in the next week. It's creative arts that won't be released until December.
fair enough then. oh well, good luck in hearing in the near future!

Damn these exams are creeping up fast!

rhys.edwards

HSC
Just heard from arts via email. Got guarenteed entry into media and comms in both digial media and journalism. MASSIVE RELIEF!

Good luck to everyone else!

K

Kozak92

Hey guys, I want to do Bachelor of Journalism at UOW, can anyone guide me through the early entry process? When do I apply?

Also, if I get in and then get horrible in the HSC, will they still let me in?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The first post (and I assume the rest of the thread) have a few good points... the early entry page is pretty bland right now cause it's still early.. but it does say "Online applications through this page will open early July and close mid-September. " Early Entry - Future Students @ UOW
As for your second question, that depends on whether you get a conditional or unconditional offer. Unconditional pretty much means you can fail your exams and still get in, conditional usually means they want you to get a minimum mark in a certain subject(s). You've got plenty of time, have a read through the thread.

Kralex

HSC
If you get early entry can you get an ATAR lower than the required and still gain entry?

Say a course was 80, and you get guaranteed so you laze around and end up with 65, would they still let you in?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
If you get early entry can you get an ATAR lower than the required and still gain entry?

Say a course was 80, and you get guaranteed so you laze around and end up with 65, would they still let you in?
Not necessarily, early entry can give you:

- Unconditional (guaranteed) offer: if you place that particular degree offered as your first preference you will be accepted regardless your final HSC marks
- Conditional offer: this varies it can be like get minimum 65 ATAR and you will be still accepted into the 80 ATAR course or it maybe get 75 in maths and you’re in.

tash1601

HSC
I want to apply for early entry for communication and media at uow only
What hsc subjects are most relevant for it?

I do society and culture, business studies, SOR1, advanced english, english extension 1 and modern history
In my half year reports sac and business were in the 80's and SOR was 43
the rest are 70's and 60's...

heeeeelp.

Kralex

HSC
Hey guys im applying for Bachelor of Journalism at UOW.

I put in my online form and will prepare a portfolio.

Thing is I need to apply at UAC. When does that open??? Also when should I sent in the portfolio?

Kralex

HSC
Hey guys im applying for Bachelor of Journalism at UOW.

I put in my online form and will prepare a portfolio.

Thing is I need to apply at UAC. When does that open??? Also when should I sent in the portfolio?

jaafar1

HSC
Re: Early Entry for 2009 anyone?

I got the offer today.. my question is, can UOW withdraw u from the early entry if u do poor in the HSC?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

I got the offer today.. my question is, can UOW withdraw u from the early entry if u do poor in the HSC?
Depends if it's conditional or unconditional.

If it's conditional on getting above a certain mark in a subject and you don't get it, they still want to talk to you and find out why you didn't get it and you still might get guaranteed entry.

Non-conditional - I'm don't think they can remove it, I'm not sure on that.

SnowTau

HSC

Hey good job :D

Is it Gauranteed or Conditional?

jaafar1

HSC

Hey good job :D

Is it Gauranteed or Conditional?
it says its a guaranteed early entry in the following degree but it then says:

[*] Unusually poor performance in the HSC may indicate academic difficulties that could jeopardise your tertiary studies. If your HSC results and your ATAR are significantly below the level of attainment anticipated based on your Early Entry application, the Faculty of Commerce reserves the right to discuss these results with you. In some cases, following that discussion, the Faculty of Commerce reserves the right to substitute the offer with an alternative course offered by the Faculty, or to withdraw the offer. If it comes to light that fraudulent results were submitted as part of your Early Entry application, the University of Wollongong reserves the right to withdraw the offer.

do does it make it a guaranteed position

SnowTau

HSC
It's pretty much gauranteed unless you decide to stuff around with your HSC and do very badly. Do the same as you did in your trials and it's then basically gauranteed.

jaafar1

HSC
It's pretty much gauranteed unless you decide to stuff around with your HSC and do very badly. Do the same as you did in your trials and it's then basically gauranteed.
Alright thanks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)