Family and Shelter questions (1 Viewer)

hayleyemma96

HSC
Hope you guys found the exam as good as I did :)
How did you feel about the Family and Shelter questions? I did Part A for both.

Also how did you define a peace right??

Kowther

HSC
Looks like the peace rights question got everyone. I went for the obvious and said the right to peace lol. (It was more than that but I can't remember)

I did family and consumers, I kinda struggled a bit for family. probs got 16/25 but consumer was so good

shellaaa

HSC
Hey, just wondering... what exactly are the ethics and values you needed to talk about for q A?

hayleyemma96

HSC
Looks like the peace rights question got everyone. I went for the obvious and said the right to peace lol. (It was more than that but I can't remember)

I did family and consumers, I kinda struggled a bit for family. probs got 16/25 but consumer was so good
I was just curious about the peace rights question. Wasn't too sure but I linked it to the ICCPR and the UDHR and said is was the right to leave freely from aggression, war and conflict. Hopefully I get two marks.
Family was ok for me but I only wrote about 3 3/4 pages because I really only studied general problems e.g. divorce. I didn't think divorce could link to any contemporary issue (like the ADVO for parents not children) so I talked about shared parental responsibility and general care and protection of children (failure of DOCS pretty much)

hayleyemma96

HSC
Hey, just wondering... what exactly are the ethics and values you needed to talk about for q A?
Its really just a generalised ethics and values questions. I tried to link them as much as I could but my thesis was pretty much that because the right to adequate housing is stated in the ICESCR, society believes that rights should be upheld then I talked about how there is inadequate protection for buyers and tenants (then mentioned a little about how boarders and lodgers aren't protected under the RTA). So, therefore, the law doesn't reflect ethical standards. Couldn't really link to changing values as the values have pretty much stayed the same.

Kowther

HSC
I was just curious about the peace rights question. Wasn't too sure but I linked it to the ICCPR and the UDHR and said is was the right to leave freely from aggression, war and conflict. Hopefully I get two marks.
Family was ok for me but I only wrote about 3 3/4 pages because I really only studied general problems e.g. divorce. I didn't think divorce could link to any contemporary issue (like the ADVO for parents not children) so I talked about shared parental responsibility and general care and protection of children (failure of DOCS pretty much)
I think I wrote something along those lines...

Also for family, I thought they'd spcify same-sex because they haven't asked it before so I studied that, completely ignored care+protection and shared parenta responsibility but I still wrote what I remembered because we did an assignment on it, and I also did on surrogacy+birth technologies

hayleyemma96

HSC
I think I wrote something along those lines...

Also for family, I thought they'd specify same-sex because they haven't asked it before so I studied that, completely ignored care+protection and shared parental responsibility but I still wrote what I remembered because we did an assignment on it, and I also did on surrogacy+birth technologies
I actually didn't study contemporary responses at all...just went from the response to problems topic. I didn't think they'd ask for birth technology and surrogacy again so i didn't write notes on it. Our family essay for the assignment was protecting the child so it kind of fit but at least the stuff I studied kind of fit....my essay was short though so i'm only expecting maybe 20/25 which sucks considering that basically the same essay i wrote for my trial got 23/25

Kowther

HSC
I actually didn't study contemporary responses at all...just went from the response to problems topic. I didn't think they'd ask for birth technology and surrogacy again so i didn't write notes on it. Our family essay for the assignment was protecting the child so it kind of fit but at least the stuff I studied kind of fit....my essay was short though so i'm only expecting maybe 20/25 which sucks considering that basically the same essay i wrote for my trial got 23/25
how many pages did you write roughly?

I got 20/25 in my essay but it was really detailed and today I could not remember a thing. Still managed to pump out 3 pages...

hayleyemma96

HSC
how many pages did you write roughly?

I got 20/25 in my essay but it was really detailed and today I could not remember a thing. Still managed to pump out 3 pages...
Yeah I wrote 3 pages then 3/4 of a page in an additional writing booklet. I hadn't really studied anything besides divorce (which didn't apply to the question), shared parental responsibility and the care/protection of children (ineffectiveness of DOCS).
I made sure to use lots of legislation and cases. I used a media article and mentioned the CROC a few times so should get me some good marks at least.
Shelter essay deserves 24/25 tbh and crime probably 14/15. I wrote the same amount for crime as I did for family seeing as I had an hour to do the response...Love multiple choice completion in 5 minutes! :D

frankfurty

HSC
Family and consumer questions were great - my draft essays I prepared almost perfectly suited them with a little bit of adaptation. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)