Failing uni lol help pls (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I’m (class of 2021) went straight into uni after hsc and am pretty much failing. If I switch uni now (I’m in second sem) will the new uni be basing my application based off atar or my uni marks? And when will unis stop looking at my atar and start looking at my uni marks? Pls help me lol I wanna 💀.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This depends on what you mean by “failing”. If it is just an exaggeration (as in if you are barely passing), you could be assessed based on your university results (provided you have completed 1 year of full time study or equivalent) or ATAR, whichever gives you the better chance of receiving an offer.

If you mean it literally (i.e. if you failed one or more subjects) then it is likely that you have not completed 1 year of full time study (given that you are in the second semester of your first year) and you will therefore most likely be assessed using your ATAR.

Lastly, your ATAR does not expire. This means that if you wish for your university results to be considered instead of your ATAR, you must ensure that they are sufficiently high. The ATAR becomes irrelevant when seeking entry into postgraduate degrees, a typical requirement of which is the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.

I hope this helps! :D

cossine

HSC
So I’m (class of 2021) went straight into uni after hsc and am pretty much failing. If I switch uni now (I’m in second sem) will the new uni be basing my application based off atar or my uni marks? And when will unis stop looking at my atar and start looking at my uni marks? Pls help me lol I wanna 💀.
It should be possible to drop out (i.e. withdraw) of the subjects you are failing. So they are not included in WAM or GPA. You will occur fines for doing the subject given the census date has passed but on your testamur it will be shown as withdrawn.

HSC
This depends on what you mean by “failing”. If it is just an exaggeration (as in if you are barely passing), you could be assessed based on your university results (provided you have completed 1 year of full time study or equivalent) or ATAR, whichever gives you the better chance of receiving an offer.

If you mean it literally (i.e. if you failed one or more subjects) then it is likely that you have not completed 1 year of full time study (given that you are in the second semester of your first year) and you will therefore most likely be assessed using your ATAR.

Lastly, your ATAR does not expire. This means that if you wish for your university results to be considered instead of your ATAR, you must ensure that they are sufficiently high. The ATAR becomes irrelevant when seeking entry into postgraduate degrees, a typical requirement of which is the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks man helps a lot. Also u legit the mvp you also helped me out during my hsc cheers 😂

HSC
It should be possible to drop out (i.e. withdraw) of the subjects you are failing. So they are not included in WAM or GPA. You will occur fines for doing the subject given the census date has passed but on your testamur it will be shown as withdrawn.
Yeh definitely what I shoulda done last semester, cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)