ext history (1 Viewer)

IDFWU

HSC
Hey guys I was just wondering what extension history touches on? is it just based on historians?

Last edited:

atcha

HSC
N/A
No, not really anything to do with the Romanovs. I guess you could do it for your major work but besides that History Extension has nothing to do with the Romanovs specifically.

D94

HSC
N/A
What is actually history? Is it actually objective? Or is history subjective? Does that social and historical context of historians affect how and what is being told? Are all histories valid? Which 'version' of history is 'correct'?

History Extension asks students to answer these 5 questions:
• What are the historical debates?
• Who are the historians?
• What are the aims and purposes of history?
• How has history been constructed and recorded over time?
• Why have the approaches to history changed over time?

In Modern and Ancient, you learn the history of an event, but in Extension, you question the account of that history. You should be exposed to history from several eras and many civilisations.

nomieee

HSC
History extension really depends on your ability to be able to absorb an incredibly dense amount of information.

I seriously considered taking History Extension at the end of year 11 and my teacher said that she thought I'd be good at it and gave me the textbook that we had to complete readings from. I read three grinding chapters and that's when I decided that I wasn't going to do it - It's hell interesting but very very dense and if you have a short concentration span like I do, it's hard to get through.

A few of my friends started it but two dropped within the first two weeks because they said they were almost bored to tears in the class and another one dropped because the workload was too much - one friend still does it because she was stupid and dropped 4 units at the end of year 11 to do English Ext 2 and History Ext and she's going okay but all I hear from her is "Oh my gOD HISTORY EXTENSION KILL ME PLS"

the class actually started out quite big - 13/14 people - but they started dropping like flies after the first few weeks and now there's 4 people left.

It's a really hard, but really really rewarding course and if you are one of those people who can get through the readings and wrap your head around the dense concepts they chuck at you then freakin go for it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)