Ext 2 SMH Article =] (1 Viewer)

mick135

HSC
Undermyskin said:
This article is totally rubbish! It doesn't even specifically point out how and where the paper was hard. For Christ' sake, Just give everyone another half an hour and we'll be all done and even have 20' to check again all the questions!

The way they put that 'impossible' is sooo 'dramatic'. Those who did the paper will definitely think that kid is such a fool or an attention-seeker and those who didn't glance at it would think the test was dire! How absurd! Who says that q7/8 are impossible? I haven't read anyone on this forum writing such obscurity!

And another time we'd better say that saying 4u is the toughest test in the country is such a nice use of hyperbole. I bet A-level or IB or VCE this year was much harder.

aww i dunno, there are some parts where i could just sat there looking at it all day thinking wtf?
the article isnt aimed at the intellctual elite, and if they actually put one of the questions in there - like question 8 b) with all that sin cos tan crap (which i got right - yeh boy!) the readers would just feel dumb
Its said to be the hardest ext 2 paper in a fair few years, i mean where was the tolken easy conics question asking "find the asymptotes/directicies and foci of this hyperbola/ellipse and sketch it on a graph?"
no where, instant loss of 4 marks!

qestion 7/8 are not impossible, i know that cause i did 2 yrs of probability!
its just very improbable for a person to do both questions and get full marks in each one.
as far as the last question goes, don't ever use english techniques when trying to express a point again - no1 cares, you don't get any marks haha :p

shaon0

HSC
Undermyskin said:
This article is totally rubbish! It doesn't even specifically point out how and where the paper was hard. For Christ' sake, Just give everyone another half an hour and we'll be all done and even have 20' to check again all the questions!

The way they put that 'impossible' is sooo 'dramatic'. Those who did the paper will definitely think that kid is such a fool or an attention-seeker and those who didn't glance at it would think the test was dire! How absurd! Who says that q7/8 are impossible? I haven't read anyone on this forum writing such obscurity!

And another time we'd better say that saying 4u is the toughest test in the country is such a nice use of hyperbole. I bet A-level or IB or VCE this year was much harder.
Even though i'm an 09'er. I would have to agree with some of your points. The test didn't look that hard when I read the questions (probably were) and if a person were to have studied a lot and knew their stuff, they wouldn't have had much problems with the paper. Unlike some past papers.

I've heard that the MX2 paper is the hardest mathematics course in the country because the tests questions are in depth and require the person being examined to think a lot harder than in the A-levels, IB or VCE.
But you can't really compare some of the maths courses because htye have different topics such as; introductory matrices and other topics. Also some courses go for 2 years so the core content will be more varied and not as difficult as the MX2 HSC paper.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
yeah but note that like Q7 and Q8 from the MX2 exam are taken from either a-level maths or other oversea mathematics courses.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Les Paraskevas, who teaches the subject at Sydney Secondary College

lol. sup prickeskevas?

FreakFace

HSC
the problem with this yrs paper is that they put allot of the easier q's in Q8 and some in 7 (which due to stress from the 1st question i could not get :'( ) and in most cases did not even have enough time to do. I was in the process of doing the induction and it was so damn easy. and the woman said "CEASE WRITING"

They put a weird integration Question in the 1st question, which was gay, and filled the paper with harder 3unit! with very little/simple 4unit questions worth little to no marks.
I mean, just look at the circular motion.
We didnt get any bank track questions, or resisted motion questions. But we got some shit about a boat, and even got asked a non mathematical question (physical significance of b) .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)