Ethanol fuel Q (1 Viewer)

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
jumb said:
I got to a second booklet for this question. Go me!
yeh same, managed to bullshit my way to a 4 page booklet

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Did anyone put the equations in? Because I saw the fact that they put both methods of production in the table as an indicator that they wanted you to show the chemistry of both...and at all my lectures they emphasised if there is an equation you can show, then write it, no matter what.

And err I put something about it being renewable, absorbs as much gas as it produces so therefore doesn't impact greenhouse emissions, and while it's obvious I wrote it uses no products from fossil fuels so won't diminish supplies - I wrote that because the table listed the sources of each fuel, and I was trying to incorporate it in my answer as much as possible :s but I also wrote it burns less efficiently than octane, needs large amounts of agricultural land and produces smelly fermentation wastes...
And my overall assessment was that in terms of environmental effects it is the better fuel, but is not currently economically viable.

nutbang

was an unfair exam

personally i believe that this exam was a lot harder than last year....some questions were really challenging especially the ones in the multiple choice... eg question 15 ?? our syallabus only says to learn one type of battery in comparison with some other battery and also the faraday question in the shipwrecks is out of the syallabus and yet they still test it....by doing that test i think i killed any chance i had of getting a uai of over 95 ....I STUFFED IT UP !!! lets all just hope this scales

cool_bananas

nutbang said:
personally i believe that this exam was a lot harder than last year....some questions were really challenging especially the ones in the multiple choice... eg question 15 ?? our syallabus only says to learn one type of battery in comparison with some other battery and also the faraday question in the shipwrecks is out of the syallabus and yet they still test it....by doing that test i think i killed any chance i had of getting a uai of over 95 ....I STUFFED IT UP !!! lets all just hope this scales
hey, does anyone know if u need 2 dissolve da sugar into a solution b4 u ferment it? nd do u distill da ethanol?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
kool_bananas_=) said:
hey, does anyone know if u need 2 dissolve da sugar into a solution b4 u ferment it? nd do u distill da ethanol?
u need to dissolve suger in distilled water and add yeast........u then get a solution which is 15% alcohol........then u can distill the solution to get a more concentrated alcohol solution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)