Error in Help Section? (1 Viewer)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
At the end of the help section at https://community.boredofstudies.org/help/bb-codes/ there is help for latex codes that contains

I think is meant to be an integral, and thus something like

Perhaps this could be fixed?

Also, is there are a guide to what latex works inside these tex sections? I have found I could use align* but drawings like in tikzpicture don't work.

Thanks.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Totally unrelated, but I see your last post (before the flood of posts these past 48h) was in 2004. Out of curiosity, what made you return to BoS after a 15yr hiatus?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Totally unrelated, but I see your last post (before the flood of posts these past 48h) was in 2004. Out of curiosity, what made you return to BoS after a 15yr hiatus?
Doing some tutoring and HSC-related work for the first time in a while, and looking around after the new syllabi came in for 2020.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Thanks, we've fixed the example provided there.

We use CodeCogs for LaTex, there might be details on there about what is supported. Generally I think it's just the basic math formulas that are supported, so functionality that requires separate packages like TikZ wouldn't work.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Thanks, we've fixed the example provided there.

We use CodeCogs for LaTex, there might be details on there about what is supported. Generally I think it's just the basic math formulas that are supported, so functionality that requires separate packages like TikZ wouldn't work.
Hi Brent,

Regarding the example, might I suggest that you add the "dx" after a small space at the end of the integral. In other words

rather than the present version

as the latter version is mathematically incomplete.

Also, any plans to add access any form of graphics through latex?

Thanks.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Sure, added the dx in.

No plans to support graphics, i'd recommend just saving and including it as an image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)