entry interviews (1 Viewer)

libestraumno3

HSC
just found out i have an interview w penrith tmrw morning for entry in y10, does anyone have any idea on what questions they'll ask? and like just the gist of everything, i havent heard from the other schools yet, its still pretty early anyway

kkk579

hello
HSC
just found out i have an interview w penrith tmrw morning for entry in y10, does anyone have any idea on what questions they'll ask? and like just the gist of everything, i havent heard from the other schools yet, its still pretty early anyway
Damnnn good job! I haven’t had experiences with interviews for Penrith but I’m trying out for fort street next year for entry into year10. They will most likely ask questions about your hobbies, why u want to go to Penrith and ur goals and plans for upcoming years. There will likely be more but I’m not sure. Hope this helps a little!

kkk579

hello
HSC
- Have a solid memory of your extracurriculars or similar things you've done both in an out of school
- Maybe have an idea of what field or career you want to do or be in in the future
- Know what the school offers (like sports or programs)
- At an interview I did they had some scenarios like "your friend is upset that they got 9/20 in their first assessment task, what would you say to them?", so maybe go through some interview questions. There's a post somewhere about some questions from I think Sydney Tech that I found really useful but I'm not exactly sure where it is
Just be a genuine person tbh like just be yourself and come across as polite and knowledgeable. You don't need to flex your academics as the fact that you've gotten to the interview stage reflects that you're academically more than capable..
This should help! Most schools ask very similar questions when it comes to the interview.
Some tips:
-make eye contact
-answer honestly they’ll know when ur lying
-be confident and approach with a smile
-don’t seem too cocky or narcissistic this won’t come off good
-don’t look around the room too much and don’t check the clock or ur watch, this will make it seem like u have somewhere better to go

Scimat

HSC
Same lol. Also for year 10. What time is your interview

libestraumno3

HSC
This should help! Most schools ask very similar questions when it comes to the interview.
Some tips:
-make eye contact
-answer honestly they’ll know when ur lying
-be confident and approach with a smile
-don’t seem too cocky or narcissistic this won’t come off good
-don’t look around the room too much and don’t check the clock or ur watch, this will make it seem like u have somewhere better to go
tysm!!

libestraumno3

HSC
2:30. how was your interview. What did they ask??
it wasnt too bad tbh, it felt more directed to the parent with you anyway. mr long is nice. at the start he asks you what schools you've been to (primary - now) , uhm he also asks what you plan on doing after high school, why you think penrith would benefit you and stuff like that. he stresses alot on the fact that selective schools are rather faced paced and more challenging and asking if you could keep up with the extra work etc. the interview is more so to check on your wellbeing... they also ask how you're going to travel there(convenience) and if you know somebody from penrith

libestraumno3

HSC
it wasnt too bad tbh, it felt more directed to the parent with you anyway. mr long is nice. at the start he asks you what schools you've been to (primary - now) , uhm he also asks what you plan on doing after high school, why you think penrith would benefit you and stuff like that. he stresses alot on the fact that selective schools are rather faced paced and more challenging and asking if you could keep up with the extra work etc. the interview is more so to check on your wellbeing... they also ask how you're going to travel there(convenience) and if you know somebody from penrith
pretty quick, only took 10-15mins

Scimat

HSC
Thank you. Might have to prepare some answers haha. So if we're shortlisted does that mean we're most likely gonna make it in?

libestraumno3

HSC
Thank you. Might have to prepare some answers haha. So if we're shortlisted does that mean we're most likely gonna make it in?
my dad asked about the percentage of people in the interview stage that get in and im pretty sure he said majority or basically all. i think we'll hear from them by the end of the week and entry into year 10 offers about 20-25 spots as they open new classes

jul2120

HSC
Congrats!! Did you know if you were accepted straight after the interview or how long did it take for them to let you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)