Entertainment... Lame (1 Viewer)

leeha

HSC
true!
thought it was a tad hard for the stuff we never learnt.
wooooooooooo..

whats a multicore? mind blank and a half

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
Pretty sure its that fat cable with all the audio leads that go from like microphones to the mixing desk. i was more wtf about the legislation to protect employees and entertainment industry sectors.

rock_steady

bring it on!!!!
HSC
klufs2003 said:
Pretty sure its that fat cable with all the audio leads that go from like microphones to the mixing desk. i was more wtf about the legislation to protect employees and entertainment industry sectors.
Ditto to that. I was like "ahh what? legislation?!!?"

and thats also what i thought was the mulitcore. I have learnt that.. i think that part was right.

Fingers and toes that exam went ok!!

amzi2

HSC
It was hard... yeh multicore??? never heard of it... and kinda stuffed up that 'flowchart'...

The test seemed different from the past two years... like it focused a lot on behaviour, conduct, communication and stuff, and there was little on technology....

meh its over...

good luck with the rest...

leeha

HSC
hahaaa.. legislation
anti discrimination..and CRIMES ACT . bahaha god that was a lovely guess..
other than that i think i did ok
was heaps happy with the extended responses ay..
i work as an usher and did work exp with the front of house manager at the superdome so i was like..heck freekin yes. haha

anyhow..lucky i kept those 12 units

Tubmiester

HSC
The exam was waaaay different to the past two years. some of the short answers sucked the nut....the one that was like "explain how updating sources of entertainment industry exam something something career oppurtunities"

and the legislation one, i just said oh&s act and multiculturalism act hahaha

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
yeh extended response was good, multiple choice was ok, but half of section 2 was fucked lol, yeh i went with OHS and that union in the multiple choice for that legislation question :p. Whatd u guys say about the entertainment industry sectors?? i guessed and said like lighting operations sector is about rigging, patching and operating lights bahaha. Oh well hopefully every1 sucked at the exam

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
oh yeah, did anyone have a decent teacher for entertainment? from what i heard they just grab randoms off the street, my teacher was an ass... term 3 he literally didnt teach us anything! hes a drama teacher so for some reason for hsc drama he started helping drama kids in entertainment periods so we had to watch their performances... oh well if i dont get at least a band 5 (came first in assessment) im gonna get him fired or the school in shit for lettin him teach

leeha

HSC
klufs2003 said:
oh yeah, did anyone have a decent teacher for entertainment? from what i heard they just grab randoms off the street, my teacher was an ass... term 3 he literally didnt teach us anything! hes a drama teacher so for some reason for hsc drama he started helping drama kids in entertainment periods so we had to watch their performances... oh well if i dont get at least a band 5 (came first in assessment) im gonna get him fired or the school in shit for lettin him teach
do you go to menai high?? jus know they do ent and ur in alfords point?

yeah our teacher was like that...shes a drama teacher and decided to do entertainment..there was nothing to do in entertainment so we would then end up talking about drama and such,....we had her husband - who is the dude who helps write the entertainment notes for the hsc online site for 6 months in year 11 and he was the best...but she was like not even a class infront of us...id ask her what stuff was and she couldnt tell me..

its jus crap..they really need a dead set easy to read syllabus..but its kinda hard when everything is competencies...

but i jus took it upon myself to learn stuff off the hsc online website and earlier tests...our class didnt bother..there were onli 3 of us left after the hour.

i was lookin at the syllabus..about the industry sectors..we had a question like this in the trial cept it was extended response..
i think i did venue managment - foh manager and film and tv - camera operater..

and the legislation dawned on me this morning...duhhh ohs..im an idiot..

and we NEVER ever ever ever learnt about knots...she never said anything about knots ever.

i think the most we did was be back stage for our schools musicals...but their shit..i think i learnt more about lighting and such in drama wen she made us set up the drama rooms for performances..

ahh well...
its done now..

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
yeh im from menai high, yeah i studied off the hsc online site too. Yeah the course is pretty fucked at the moment, coz we dont get textbooks nor a decent teacher so the only way we can learn is from hsc online and they dont even cover the whole syllabus. Also this exam was the first from the new syllabus so that explains all these new strange answers. My teacher probably didnt even know the syllabus changed coz he just gave us past hsc papers for the exams. lol teacher didnt even know how to operate sound, one of my mates that does part time for a sound equipment company had to teach the class.

johns7596

HSC
We just had a whole bunch of washed up old hippies teaching us about safety procedures all year. This course shouldnt be taught in a regional area, theres not enough facilities for it to be taught.
our class seriously didnt no anything about the course the whole year.
oh and i was suprised there wasnt any questions on disabilities.

rock_steady

bring it on!!!!
HSC
klufs2003 said:
yeh im from menai high, yeah i studied off the hsc online site too. Yeah the course is pretty fucked at the moment, coz we dont get textbooks nor a decent teacher so the only way we can learn is from hsc online and they dont even cover the whole syllabus. Also this exam was the first from the new syllabus so that explains all these new strange answers. My teacher probably didnt even know the syllabus changed coz he just gave us past hsc papers for the exams. lol teacher didnt even know how to operate sound, one of my mates that does part time for a sound equipment company had to teach the class.
There was a new syllabus?
Pfft.
Also the first aid question... doesnt it depend on the type of diabetes? some have that type where they shouldnt have sugar coz it can send it psycho? it never specified, there were about 2 correct answers?
correct me if im wrong though/

rock_steady

bring it on!!!!
HSC
Double post. oh well.

Wiki says something abuot a multi-core being a computer thing? i SWORE its a cord for the lights...

Maybe its a different thing, with the hyphen in it? hopefully.

johns7596

HSC
agree with you there, that was that shity question with the insulin or the sugary drink, i just said a sugary drink. Did anyone think that question about making entertainment knowledge available for new career opotunities, made any sense at all or is it just me?

amzi2

HSC
yeh with that diabetes question i just said the 'advise to take insulin' one cos the other said like 'give them this' or 'do this' and you can't really force stuff down their throat but i dunno... lame question...

Tubmiester

HSC
johns7596 said:
agree with you there, that was that shity question with the insulin or the sugary drink, i just said a sugary drink. Did anyone think that question about making entertainment knowledge available for new career opotunities, made any sense at all or is it just me?
made absolutely no sense at all, i read the question about 5 times trying to make sense of it and then I just wrote whatever I could think of in hope of a few points. pretty crap exam.

all In all, did this course match anyones expectations? I thought this course was alot worse then i had expected. Spent more time learning about oh&s than anything entertainment industry related. Also....crap teaching staff, sounds like evryone is the same on that one.

jr884

HSC
I wasn't taught at school, I was at 313, media and arts. the place than runs musicoz, and is meant to be a top-notch teaching institution.... heaps!

I learnt more at one week of work placement than i did in the whole year. The place is so shoddy, people who dropped out of school at the beginning of year 12, didnt come to the course and do their work, didnt do work placement, still got their certificates....

Needless to say the exam, didn't go the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)