Enrolling in subjects help plz (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
I am enrolling into my courses and need some help (bachelor of business). I selected the Accounting major and when i select availability it shows for 2021, but when i go on the Course programs for the accounting major, all the subjects are shown to be done in the second year and not first. How do i select the courses for 2022 and 2023?

E.g. For taxation law, the recommended course program is to do it in year 3, but when i go on my timetable and try to select an availability, it shows for 2021 only which is first year

1610077190432.png
1610077384806.png

cossine

HSC
The exact order you do course does not really matter so long you meet the subjectprequisites.

However it is probably best talk with someone for advice on your degree as it might be helpful to do other subjects before taxation law.

Btw: you can contact UTS enquiries if need be.

quickoats

HSC
afaik you can only select units a year in advance. by 2023 you should be able to enrol.

mmmm.

HSC
afaik you can only select units a year in advance. by 2023 you should be able to enrol.
I don't think so, because same thing happening with subjects recommended to do in 2022 but only lets me select 2021

mmmm.

HSC
The exact order you do course does not really matter so long you meet the subjectprequisites.

However it is probably best talk with someone for advice on your degree as it might be helpful to do other subjects before taxation law.

Btw: you can contact UTS enquiries if need be.
Ik it may not matter in which order I do subjects, but I was just following the recommended course structure.

Wdym in Ur 2nd para?

I've emailed them, so hopefully they can help me out now

quickoats

HSC
I don't think so, because same thing happening with subjects recommended to do in 2022 but only lets me select 2021
Just enrol in your first year for now. Later on (next year) you can enrol in subjects recommended to be done in 2022.

cossine

HSC
Ik it may not matter in which order I do subjects, but I was just following the recommended course structure.

Wdym in Ur 2nd para?

I've emailed them, so hopefully they can help me out now
Sometimes even though you may have completed the prequisite subject might not be good to enroll as some of the material learned might be outside the syllabus so the subject might be slightly harder.

_rakelt

HSC
Just enrol in your first year for now. Later on (next year) you can enrol in subjects recommended to be done in 2022.
This!!!! Just do first year subjects and pick your major later on

mmmm.

HSC
This!!!! Just do first year subjects and pick your major later on
I thought U pick Ur majors at the start?

Also I have picked the mandatory core units (48cp) and still have to pick 96cp worth from my major and sub major. Do I have to do this now, or I could so it late

vinlatte

HSC
I thought U pick Ur majors at the start?

Also I have picked the mandatory core units (48cp) and still have to pick 96cp worth from my major and sub major. Do I have to do this now, or I could so it late
The benefit of the UTS business course is that you don't need to choose your majors til second year. The first year core units cover the range of business majors, then you will be more informed when deciding what you want to major in.

I'm sure we only choose the subjects for the current year. Don't worry about choosing majors til later in the year.

mmmm.

HSC
The benefit of the UTS business course is that you don't need to choose your majors til second year. The first year core units cover the range of business majors, then you will be more informed when deciding what you want to major in.

I'm sure we only choose the subjects for the current year. Don't worry about choosing majors til later in the year.
Oh ok, are you doing business at UTS aswell?

mmmm.

HSC
Yeah, with the BCII course. How was your timetabling on Thursday?
I didn't know timetables began on Thursday, but i did it on the Friday, so i don't have the timings i would ideally have wanted. hbu?

vinlatte

HSC
I didn't know timetables began on Thursday, but i did it on the Friday, so i don't have the timings i would ideally have wanted. hbu?
Oof too stressful. There were too many ppl and the site errored. Besides that, I planned the night before and the timings were close enough.

All the 9am classes were full pretty quickly, are most yours at night?

mmmm.

HSC
Oof too stressful. There were too many ppl and the site errored. Besides that, I planned the night before and the timings were close enough.

All the 9am classes were full pretty quickly, are most yours at night?
I have some classes in morning between 7-10 but most in afternoon at 4 and 7

Also, for the majors, should i leave the stream choice (in image) empty for now? and just enrol in the core subjects

1610151485667.png

vinlatte

HSC
I have some classes in morning between 7-10 but most in afternoon at 4 and 7

Also, for the majors, should i leave the stream choice (in image) empty for now? and just enrol in the core subjects

View attachment 29858
Yeah, just the core subjects. Leave the options til later on. I was confused with this too that I even called them up haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)