ENglish tutors needed ASAp (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Where can i find a good english tutoring centre who will be able to mark my drafts and stuff , probably experinced tutors or past hsc markers
im not looking for stupid graduates from last year who charge 90/hour just because they did well in english, NOT = being a good teacher u buffoons
Anyways I need either a private tutor or a good tutoring centre that if affordable so like nothing more than 900 per term ig?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
for centres the only 'good' one i've heard about that's under your price range is jp english (I think someone said it was around 700-800 a term), and honestly I don't think group tutoring centres are worth it if you just want feedback for essays, because they spend a lot of time also analysing the texts (which i found wasn't for me because i tend to feel a lot of it is generic + i have good analysis from my teacher and my own research)

past hsc markers usually aren't found on the standard find a tutor websites and they usually cost a lot too and are in high demand, I remember when I found one and they said they had this huge waitlist so I gave up

...xD

HSC
When I asked JP english on their prices a few weeks ago, they say they charge $85/2 hours for group tutoring, $120/ hour for private for people not enrolled in weekly lessons and $100/ hr for private lessons for people that are enrolled.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i actually don't understand why people charge so freaking much for english tutors (or for some tutors out there in general), regardless of group or private (worse if private though)... like, no matter how good you are, apart from very few exceptions you are not deserving to be paid $100 for an hour-long lesson reading over kids' essays...

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
ight so JP is my only option rlly and even then feels dumb
anyone know private tutors who don't charge a crazy amount for just marking drafts and giving feedback?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
ight so JP is my only option rlly and even then feels dumb
anyone know private tutors who don't charge a crazy amount for just marking drafts and giving feedback?
private tutors are hit or miss, but I've often found that the ones that are pretty good and cheaper are the ones who don't advertise or are found in obscure sites and stuff, like my tutor charges 65/hr and she doesn't advertise anywhere, and I think one of my classmates has someone who charges for 70/hr and you can't find them anywhere either

maybe ask around with your classmates?

natjade123

HSC
private tutors are hit or miss, but I've often found that the ones that are pretty good and cheaper are the ones who don't advertise or are found in obscure sites and stuff, like my tutor charges 65/hr and she doesn't advertise anywhere, and I think one of my classmates has someone who charges for 70/hr and you can't find them anywhere either

maybe ask around with your classmates?
What was the name of your english tutor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)